There is no heaven, it ‘is a fairy story,’ Stephen Hawking says

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
In an interview published Monday in The Guardian newspaper, the 69-year-old says the human brain is a like a computer that will stop working when its components fail.

He says: “There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”

Still on your knees?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Getting spiritual advise and wisdom from Stephen Hawking is like getting economical advise and wisdom from that other cripple, you know, whose only legacy is 45 years of Cold War, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And at one time flying was a fairy tale, as was the earth being round or being able to leave this earth to explore the galaxy. While Hawking may be a brilliant man, he doesn't have all the answers.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Adoring Stephen Hawkings is just another evidence of political correctness. If he pecked out that blue is red, the adoring crowd would cheer.

If God and Heaven was good enough for Albert Einstein, why does a genius-wannabe like Hawkings try to pull a one-up-manship on Einstein?

And it is safe to say that my old dog, Quigley (we had to say goodbye last December) will beat Hawkings to Heaven.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Atheism became more prominent as more was learned about the universe.... Many scientists on that list were around when everyone thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth........

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Atheism became more prominent as more was learned about the universe.... Many scientists on that list were around when everyone thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth........

And you are still here, in our undeserving midst???

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Firstly, let's get the ultra stupid out of the way:

In a 1950 letter to M. Berkowitz, Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_religious_views

Secondly, let's get the normal stupid out of the way:
Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lastly, scientists have been around for ages that have also been theists. As we move forward, that position becomes less credible.

But please, do enjoy your porridge and hay.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
And you are still here, in our undeserving midst???

Pardon me, I did not try to insult you by calling you a scientist by inclusion. I know that you are (or in typical fashion, you consider yourself to be) WAYYYYY above idiots like Copernicus, Einstein or Galileo.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
they were geniuses, but they were around way before our technology dramatically improved , they didn't know what we know now.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You don't think Al saw what his ideas will bring in the future?

It doesn't matter. Simply appealing to Einstein to prove god is as fallacious as appealing to Hawking to disprove heaven.

But to play the stupid game, I wouldn't trust anyone that believes Fox News is more credible than Time Magazine, lol