Iran's 'eye for an eye' justice

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Iran to blind criminal with acid in 'eye for an eye' justice

Retribution granted to woman who had acid thrown in her face by man she refused to marry

Ameneh Bahrami, who was blinded when a spurned suitor threw acid at her, asked for the same to be inflicted on him. Photograph: Lluis Gene/AFP

In a literal application of the sharia law of an eye for an eye, Iran is ready for the first time to blind a man with acid, after he was found guilty of doing the same to a woman who refused to marry him.

Majid Movahedi, 30, is scheduled to be rendered unconscious in Tehran's judiciary hospital at noon on Saturday while Ameneh Bahrami, his victim, drops acid in both his eyes, her lawyer said.

"The person who did this deserves to go through the same suffering. Only this way will he understand my pain … my intention is to ask for the application of the law not just for revenge but also so that no other woman will have to go through this. It is to set an example," Bahrami was quoted by the Spanish newspaper ABC as saying.

JUSTICE OR BARBARIANISM?

Last edited:

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yes barbarism all right.
This seems to be a common practice in the middle east with Muslims.
We all remember the incident in Afgan when one of them threw acid at some teenage girls.

Of course just is just one more example of the barbarism these people practice.
And we are supposted to be helping these people??

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is uncivilized and barbaric, and we pay no heed to allowing people of this vent to come
and live among us. This is tribalism at its worst. Of course the principle of law is justice,
but tempered with that justice should be the absence of revenge.
In the civilized world we hold a court case, that provides for all to be heard and we put people
away in prison for a period of time. Unfortunately in Iran they just pour acid in his face. It would
be a good thing to put him in prison and actually provide him with an education, as education is
the ultimate key to changing behaviour. Instead they will blind him and now you have two people
of questionable education who are handicapped and likely unable to work. This is how we solve
problems? By creating worse problems, like I said barbarians are running the government.
In turn the society needs to be civilized before they join the modern world.
It might be the tradition and even the way of life in the Middle East and if that is so they should
remain there until they are ready to adapt to the real world. But then again who knows they may
claim it their religious beliefs that they are following. Remember in the Middle Ages it was the
Christians who practiced many of the same things until education and civilization took hold and
the church lost its blanket influence, and that was sure a good thing or we would be still dealing
with the Spanish Inquisition.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Negotiating with them is futile, hopefully the citizens of Iran get sick of their situation and depose of them.

True enough, DurkaDurka, but that same 'leader' was conspicuous with his silence during the recent grass root rumblings in Iran, which, needless to say, were brutally squashed.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

I am not laughing at the OP but at all the people in this thread who over the last week have been such staunch supporters of 'eye for an eye' justice against Bin-Laden and are now crying their little hearts out about the injustice of this event. Maybe you all would just prefer the death penalty by ex-judicial assassination of the offender.

Thank-you all for giving me the best laugh I have had in weeks.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Well no wonder so many of them want to come live here. The majority of muslims know this is wrong.
We would all want to live in Canada too.

Soft Power FTW.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

I am not laughing at the OP but at all the people in this thread who over the last week have been such staunch supporters of 'eye for an eye' justice against Bin-Laden and are now crying their little hearts out about the injustice of this event. Maybe you all would just prefer the death penalty by ex-judicial assassination of the offender.

If Bin Laden survived the taps then the swim, I'm sure you'd probably find someone feeling sorry - even if it's only in the mirror....

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

If that gave you the best laugh you had in weeks, you are obviously incapable of comprehending some not so subtle differences.

1. Neither the woman (the victim) nor the man (the perp) killed 3000 people.

2. Osama got a swift bullet in his head which he probably never even had the time to feel.

3. What the Navy SEALS did would be done by other countries' special forces under similar circumstances, if those countries had the equivalent of the Navy SEALS.

4. The man punishment is not even close to equal to what he inflicted on the woman. This piece of dirt will be asleep and when he wakes up he may or may not feel any pain , while his victim was fully awake and painfully aware of his act.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that if this story to you was a source of mirth, you are every bit as capable or even desirous to do what this 'man' did.

I suspected earlier, reading your posts, that you are a sick puppy (apologies, canine friends) but you just confirmed it beyond any reasonable doubt.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
JUSTICE OR BARBARIANISM?
Which part?

You really aren't in the position to be laughing Nick. You have a litany of double standards, that have been pointed out to you a number of times. The best we've seen come out of you when it's pointed out and you were asked if your position has changed, was a 'maybe'.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
If that gave you the best laugh you had in weeks, you are obviously incapable of comprehending some not so subtle differences.

1. Neither the woman (the victim) nor the man (the perp) killed 3000 people.

2. Osama got a swift bullet in his head which he probably never even had the time to feel.

3. What the Navy SEALS did would be done by other countries' special forces under similar circumstances, if those countries had the equivalent of the Navy SEALS.

4. The man punishment is not even close to equal to what he inflicted on the woman. This piece of dirt will be asleep and when he wakes up he may or may not feel any pain , while his victim was fully awake and painfully aware of his act.

Your obviously confusing the base issue with your different interpretations of the situations. My post points out the glaring double-standard people have based upon their emotions, which is why the law is blind and unemotional. To promote eye for an eye justice in one situation and decry it on another is hypocrisy of the highest order and it makes me chuckle to see people change their colors so fast.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that if this story to you was a source of mirth, you are every bit as capable or even desirous to do what this 'man' did.
Wow, that's one f*cked up response!!! Please feel free to read every post I have ever put on this site and find one where I have supported killing or maiming of any kind. It may make you feel better to try to project this upon me but it is far from the truth. I find the story to be quite horrific actually and the start of a slippery slope that leads back to the dark ages.
So here is the correction you asked for...I don't find the story funny, I find the hypocrisy of certain people posting in the thread funny. I find the Hypocritic opinion of the MSM on the story funny.

I suspected earlier, reading your posts, that you are a sick puppy (apologies, canine friends) but you just confirmed it beyond any reasonable doubt.
Yep, real sick, I am sure you view everyone who has any slant towards the left-wing, social responsibility, freedom, and peace that way. All this comment does for me is show that it is you who are mentaly ill and need some help to drag yourself into the realm of open debate and freedom of opinion. Of course if your friends are canines you are probably beyond hope.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Retribution granted to woman who had acid thrown in her face by man she refused to marry

Ameneh Bahrami, who was blinded when a spurned suitor threw acid at her, asked for the same to be inflicted on him. Photograph: Lluis Gene/AFP

In a literal application of the sharia law of an eye for an eye, Iran is ready for the first time to blind a man with acid, after he was found guilty of doing the same to a woman who refused to marry him.

Majid Movahedi, 30, is scheduled to be rendered unconscious in Tehran's judiciary hospital at noon on Saturday while Ameneh Bahrami, his victim, drops acid in both his eyes, her lawyer said.

"The person who did this deserves to go through the same suffering. Only this way will he understand my pain … my intention is to ask for the application of the law not just for revenge but also so that no other woman will have to go through this. It is to set an example," Bahrami was quoted by the Spanish newspaper ABC as saying.

JUSTICE OR BARBARIANISM?

Barbarism.

Although one could find many, many examples of Iranian justice much worse than this.......

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

ohh please, killing Bin Laden was a justified military operation. Comparing that to the 13'th century justice in Iran is a big facking LOL

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
If somebody threw acid in Muhmad Amenijanad's face (excuse possible spelling errors, I mean the idiot who is the Ayatollah's slave) Political Nick would be most indignant and would demand investigation by the United Nations.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

JUSTICE OR BARBARIANISM?

I, for one, am glad that they did not succeed in their plan to institute the sharia law in Ontario. Very glad.

The scum that threw the acid should instead be thrown into prison, a nice hard-labour one. That would be a heck of a lot more merciful that having acid slowly dripped into his eyes(I doubt they would even issue him pain-killers while doing this). Even an execution would probably end up being more merciful to him, and it would be a lot quicker that is for sure.

I should add that it looks like I missed the part where he will be rendered unconcious while they administer the acid. That being said, I imagine the pain will last for quite a long time. I cannot imagine how much this would hurt(both physically and psychologically).

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
ohh please, killing Bin Laden was a justified military operation. Comparing that to the 13'th century justice in Iran is a big facking LOL
Your version of justice versus their version of justice. You agree with an exjudicial assassination in contravention of international law and they agree with dripping acid in a criminal's eyes in contravention of human rights. I am against both so you can think my stable opinion is funny compared to your hypocrisy if you want but you show yourself for what you are.

If somebody threw acid in Muhmad Amenijanad's face (excuse possible spelling errors, I mean the idiot who is the Ayatollah's slave) Political Nick would be most indignant and would demand investigation by the United Nations.
I would be indignant if someone threw acid in your face too even as much as I think you are a semi-retrded caveman.

The scum that threw the acid should instead be thrown into prison, a nice hard-labour one. That would be a heck of a lot more merciful that having acid slowly dripped into his eyes(I doubt they would even issue him pain-killers while doing this). Even an execution would probably end up being more merciful to him, and it would be a lot quicker that is for sure.
Many years of hard labour mixed in with working on equality and womens rights programs might be appropriate.