Linkin Park's old sound

changoo

Nominee Member
Nov 25, 2010
this thing has been bugging me... is their any band out there that has a pretty similar sound to Linkin Park (their old sound, from Hybrid&Meteora), what would be the band with the closest sound, that might be... popular? don't say Korn... their good but they just share genre and some methods of music...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
That's what makes a band good..... them being unique from everybody else..... you won't find another band "that" similar to Linkin Park other then a cover band.

Though Incubus's older stuff did have a heavy sound with electric mixes, but not to what I think you're looking for.

Every band goes through an experimental change to see how far they can get away from their same old same old eventually..... just look at Silverchair...... But most tend to revert back to what works best, either that or they break up...... or they keep changing, which is also common, since the people in the band do grow and mature like the rest of us.... their tastes and the things they like change.

Is this what you're bugged about?:::

YouTube - Waiting for the End (Official HD)

^ If you listen to their lyrics, they're basically stating that they're moving on from the stuff they did before..... it's more mature, not as angry.... it's certainly not the same as their older stuff, but you can't be angry and hard all your life.

CamoMind

Sep 21, 2010
regina
They had a pretty unique sound before, hard to say who can match that intensity.
With that said I was thinkin older papa roach, some celldweller, hypnogaja, maybe even some saliva.