Country Music

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Country Music
Grew up listening to it and it is still my favourite music to listen to. Yes I like R&R, Blues etc - But a good Country Song has some critical components - Good beat - and an excellent story to tell or feeling that are expressed.

So this Thread is solely for C&W Music
A few samples of what I mean - and I also like them as well
So please feel free to post your favourites

YouTube - Love like Crazy-Lee Brice (with lyrics)

For a friend on this Forum who knows what I mean and this is for him. Take care my friend.
YouTube - Tim McGraw - Live Like You Were Dying - HQ (Official)

And like I mentioned earlier - a beat and a down to earth real story of an everyday man

YouTube - Small Town Southern Man - Alan Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm7CqZNnEhU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5foT32tKM

Dailymotion - Josh Turner - Long Black Train (Live) - a Music video

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You are aware that the suicide rate goes up in direct proportion to the amount of country music listened to?
And if you play the music back wards you get back the house, the car, the money and your ex wife - Trick is to stop it at the 3rd step.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You are aware that the suicide rate goes up in direct proportion to the amount of country music listened to?

At work, we used to call it "shotgun music".........Listen to enough of it, and you want to take a shotgun to something/one. Mostly goddam depressin.

kinda liked Boxcar Willie's rendition of the Wabash Cannonball, though, and the Carter Family's 'Cannonball Blues'.

Even Chuck Berry played guitar better'n Mother Maybell.

Then there's Doc Watson and Merle Travis, Chet Atkins, but that's true talent and a whole nuther story.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Right on Goober, definitely the best genre of music, it stirs the emotions. C.B.C. radio (which I generally like) plays quite a bit of this high brow stuff like Beethoven and Chopin which does absolutely nothing for me. Tchychoffski is the one exception. Now if they'd play more Johnny Cash, Hank Thompson and Ernie Tubb, they might attract a bigger audience.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cowboys whining in their beer and cowgirls pining over some young stud muffin who would rather hump heifers. Yup, gotta love country music.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Cowboys whining in their beer and cowgirls pining over some young stud muffin who would rather hump heifers. Yup, gotta love country music.

You bet Cliff, there's no song to compare with "There's a tear in my beer"- Hank Thompson.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You bet Cliff, there's no song to compare with "There's a tear in my beer"- Hank Thompson.

I kinda like the Fugs song:
My baby done left me,
My baby done went to the drive-in movie with someone else,
and I feel like homemade sh*t.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I love music Goober... pop, heavy metal, opera, jazz, country.... any and all have a place, a mood, a perfect moment. I don't care how anyone wants to turn their nose up at country music.... good luck dancing with your little kid, hand in hand, at a wedding without some country music. No little girl should be robbed of a two step with her daddy because he was too damn hip to put up with some country. lol.

For me it tends to be 'old country' that I listen to. Johnny Cash, etc. Not quite as tawngy and high pitched as the new stuff in general, but, every so often something will surprise me. Love the Tim McGraw one you posted.

my favourite 'country music' song, even though it wasn't his originally. He just sang it ten times better. lol.

YouTube - Johnny Cash - 'Hurt"

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I love music Goober... pop, heavy metal, opera, jazz, country.... any and all have a place, a mood, a perfect moment. I don't care how anyone wants to turn their nose up at country music.... good luck dancing with your little kid, hand in hand, at a wedding without some country music. No little girl should be robbed of a two step with her daddy because he was too damn hip to put up with some country. lol.

For me it tends to be 'old country' that I listen to. Johnny Cash, etc. Not quite as tawngy and high pitched as the new stuff in general, but, every so often something will surprise me. Love the Tim McGraw one you posted.

my favourite 'country music' song, even though it wasn't his originally. He just sang it ten times better. lol.

YouTube - Johnny Cash - 'Hurt"

Geez Karrie you are even more sensible than I thought you were. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh, another one... if you've ever had a relate arrested for making moonshine, you HAVE to like Copperhead Road. lol.