George Michael in tears on jail's paedophile wing

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
George Michael in tears on jail's paedophile wing | News.com.au

POP star George Michael cried during his first night in prison after he began an eight-week sentence for crashing his car while under the influence of cannabis.

The British singer, 47, was reportedly devastated after his first night in Pentonville prison in north London.

Michael arrived at the prison on Tuesday night and was reportedly in tears. He then broke down again on Wednesday.

The pop star was prescribed pills to help him sleep after he was given a cell in a section away from the main prison population.

He is being kept in the Vulnerable Prisoners Unit alongside child sex offenders.

A jail insider said: "When he went to use a payphone in the communal area he was hunched over it - distraught and in tears. He was whispering and very emotional."

Prisoners have been taunting Michael, singing his hit songs Freedom and Faith.

A source said: "George was bombarded with mickey-taking songs from the cons. He was crying as they sang, 'You've got to have faith' at him."

Jail chiefs decided to put the pop star in the Vulnerable Prisoners Unit for his own protection.

Upon his arrival in prison, a senior prison officer tried to establish Michael's mental and physical health.

Michael was asked how he was feeling and whether he wanted to take any education classes. He was also given the chance to undergo rehabilitation for drugs.

The singer is believed to have declined.

Michael was jailed this week after he admitted to crashing his car into a London photo shop in July while he was under the influence of cannabis.

:lol: lmao.... sorry, but that's just funny..... it's not like they did anything serious to him.... they just showed they were fans.... after all, they apparently knew the lyrics to the songs.

Cuz you got to have faith'a faith'a faith'a!!!

FREEDOM!

I mean, I would have turned it all around on them and asked them if they wanted to go on tour with him..... instead he blubbered like a baby and had to be transferred to the Pedo section..... so sad. :lol:

And how damn stoned to you have to be to wreck your car? That's just dumb.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I know sober people who have wrecked cars.

Yes...........BUTTTTTT8O Were they sober WHEN they wrecked the cars????

Or was sobriety what happened afterwards???

I was not a completely sober person, but I was completely sober WHEN I wrecked a car.

Then proceeded to go out and get drunk!!!!:smile:

:evil3:(insurance rates just went up)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sounds more like alcohol was also involved. It is pretty hard to lose control of a car at 5 or 10 miles an hour.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Sounds more like alcohol was also involved. It is pretty hard to lose control of a car at 5 or 10 miles an hour.

I don't think it was alcohol...this time. I think he was stoned when his newest accident happened. I can't say that I feel too much sympathy for him, as this is not the first time he's gotten into an accident while impaired.

JakeElwood

~ Blues Brother ~
Nov 27, 2009
3,963 miles from Chicago
:lol: lmao.... sorry, but that's just funny..... it's not like they did anything serious to him.... they just showed they were fans.... after all, they apparently knew the lyrics to the songs.

Cuz you got to have faith'a faith'a faith'a!!!

FREEDOM!

I mean, I would have turned it all around on them and asked them if they wanted to go on tour with him..... instead he blubbered like a baby and had to be transferred to the Pedo section..... so sad. :lol:

And how damn stoned to you have to be to wreck your car? That's just dumb.
Yep it is funny. He'd been given plenty of warnings after his previous driving incidents.
And he'll only serve 4 weeks anyway.

And a cheeky bit of grafitti left at the scene of the accident.:lol:

Last edited: