Potter's final cover revealed

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

The end ... Harry Potter

Potter's final cover revealed

By TOM HARVEY
March 28, 2007

THE covers of the final Harry Potter book have been revealed.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be published on July 21. It is the seventh and final instalment in JK Rowling’s saga - and fans will learn whether the schoolboy wizard lives or dies.

The cover for the children’s edition features an illustration of a distinctly grown-up-looking Harry, Hermione and Ron.

The adult edition has a photograph of a locket bearing a serpentine “S” - believed to be the “horcrux” in which the evil Lord Voldemort keeps a fragment of his soul.

Both were released today by publisher Bloomsbury to whet appetites before the book hits the shelves.

They will be used throughout the world on the English language editions, although the US edition will have different illustrations.

Rowling has spoken of her sadness at ending Harry’s adventures.

“I always knew that Harry’s story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be,” she writes on her website.

“I can hardly believe that I’ve finally written the ending I’ve been planning for so many years.

“I’ve never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric.”

She adds: “One thing has stopped me collapsing in a puddle of misery on the floor. While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, Deathly Hallows is my favourite and that is the most wonderful way to finish the series.”

thesun.co.uk

On.Journey

Apr 18, 2007
Halifax
I'm definitely looking forward to it. On its releasing day I'll be back in Germany for a while, yet I ordered the English edition there, hopefully those guys at amazon won't neglect me.

On.Journey

Apr 18, 2007
Halifax
You're from Poland? I think in cases the movies display better what kind of story Rowling intended to write rather than the translated books. The movies are a little darker and most importantly, faster moving forward in the story, since the books are partly really long that doesn't scare people away.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
You're from Poland? I think in cases the movies display better what kind of story Rowling intended to write rather than the translated books. The movies are a little darker and most importantly, faster moving forward in the story, since the books are partly really long that doesn't scare people away.

yeh, i particulary don't like reading, i like just getting to the point/climax of the story, which movies do a great job.

and yes i'm from poland, i am born there and lived there, now i live in canada, but i go back to visit family. perhaps one day i mite return to poland.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Same here, except I'm not polish but German :) hi there

glad to meet you :). We'll see eachother around on the forum :).

I've been to germany a few times visiting family also. Some of my relatives and close family live on the boarder of germany and poland. When i am there i can see germany from my bedroom window, when i'm visiting.

On.Journey

Apr 18, 2007
Halifax
Totally agree. There's a lot of great attributes to find in Germany, of course in the first place the food, sausages, bread, beer, etc. especially as opposed to Canada I have begun to value the food there all the more. But there are also many reasons that make me despise Germany, not as a whole, but some parts to it, I mean, that's really why I don't live there anymore.

By the way, there was a some kind of contest early January this year to determine which country produces the best beer and guess what? Germany ended up third or something while a czechoslovakian brewery took the pot.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Totally agree. There's a lot of great attributes to find in Germany, of course in the first place the food, sausages, bread, beer, etc. especially as opposed to Canada I have begun to value the food there all the more. But there are also many reasons that make me despise Germany, not as a whole, but some parts to it, I mean, that's really why I don't live there anymore.

By the way, there was a some kind of contest early January this year to determine which country produces the best beer and guess what? Germany ended up third or something while a czechoslovakian brewery took the pot.

i didn't know they had a contest about beer :p . Well there are things i despise about poland myself, no country is perfect. Definitely our polish foods are truely amazing, i too have learned to appreciate my homeland's foods too.