• Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't buy this system of groups

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Please only those who have read indepth summaries or actually read the whole think comment.

Do you buy the theory of SPs and Traditionalists?

Do you think he is dramatizing it for sales?

What are you?

Hoping other people have read the book, because I want to have a chit-chat about it.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I bought the book recently, have read half of it and I watch Bill most evenings. I also get a kick out of Glenn Beck. He and Bill could be brothers most shows. There is a large cultural clash in the US and Canada and Bill's right: the SP's have deep pockets. I'm from Old Canada and support Old Canada so I don't have trouble identifying with a lot Bill and Glenn say. I think Glenn is out to lunch on climate change and I think Bill is way over the top on protecting the kids. But we don't have to agree on everything.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Bill O'Lielly said one of the little boys who was kidnapped and sexually abused probably enjoyed the experience. Let's face it: the guy is a sicko on more ways than one.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Gopher, I watch the OR most nights. I never heard that. You're not making things up, are you? Given you look a helluva lot like Alfred E, you probably are a bit of a sh*t disturber. Bill is offbase on some issues. My opinion. But he's more on than not. He has a lot to say that's worth listening to. U be the same, u little ground muddlepup.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am a traditionalist, and actually very interested in this issue.

Then their is Canada's Culture War. We got the same problem, but we have the SPs forming this nation, and probably, generally, more Liberal-thinking people.

See I am a young person, In my 20s and, I actually am a T-Warrior, when most young people are SPs.

I absolutely dreaded all the Liberal people I experienced in University. University is the most infested place ever with SPs. I was threatned, spit on, sworn at, for disagreeing with their views.

See whats happening is the SPs are making changes slowly, but as they get more bold, the chaos will emerge. When they make more brass moves, people will rebel, and it will get messy.

Look at Europe, Holland & France, to see what will happen to North America, unless we stay traditionalist.

BTW, I watch The Factor most nights on FNC and agree with most of Bill's points.

And alot of other people do too.

FNC.. is considered "right", when I consider it "not left, but balanced-right". And FOX News Channel has the top cable news shows. I think in his book, the first non-FOX show, comes in around 25 with Larry King Live.

Bill has the #1 show, Hannity & Colmes are #2, I also like Greta. Anyways many people live and breathe FNC, as they are our last public figures fighting the good fight.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I like FOX in general although they are a little pushy. There's something about Sean Hannity that's just a little too oily for me so I seldom watch that segment. I enjoy Glenn Beck and he's a helluva contender for FOX's audience. I can see Beck being positioned time-wise against Bill O'Reilly at some point. Could be a ratings war.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Gopher, I watch the OR most nights. I never heard that. You're not making things up, are you? Given you look a helluva lot like Alfred E, you probably are a bit of a sh*t disturber. Bill is offbase on some issues. My opinion. But he's more on than not. He has a lot to say that's worth listening to. U be the same, u little ground muddlepup.

Don't know why but this is not the first time some right winger has accused me of making things up. Therefore, here's a treat for your little eyes only:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200701170009

Wed, Jan 17, 2007 4:19pm EST
Send to a friend Print Version

O'Reilly: Abducted child "liked ... his circumstances," had "a lot more fun" than usual

On the January 15 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly said of Shawn Hornbeck -- who was abducted at the age of 11, held for four years, and recently found in Missouri -- that "there was an element here that this kid liked about this circumstances" and that he "do[esn't] buy" "the Stockholm syndrome thing." O'Reilly also said: "The situation here for this kid looks to me to be a lot more fun than what he had under his old parents. He didn't have to go to school. He could run around and do whatever he wanted." When fellow Fox News host Greta Van Susteren pointed out that "ome kids like school," O'Reilly replied: "Well, I don't believe this kid did."
The following day, during his "Talking Points Memo" segment, O'Reilly responded to viewer mail criticizing his comments about Hornbeck. O'Reilly concluded: "I hope he did not make a conscious decision to accept his captivity because" his kidnapper "made things easy for him. No school, play all day long."
O'Reilly frequently casts himself as a champion of children. He has also suggested that he is "looking out for the kids" and attacked "the print press" for not "car[ing] about the children."
From the January 16 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:
O'REILLY: The kidnapping of those two boys should be front-page news in your house if you have kids. I actually hope I'm wrong about Shawn Hornbeck. I hope he did not make a conscious decision to accept his captivity because Devlin made things easy for him. No school, play all day long.

But to just chalk this up to brainwashing and walk away is turning away from the true danger of child molesters and abductors. All American children must be taught survival skills, must be prepared to face crisis situations. That is the lesson of the Shawn Hornbeck story. And that's the "Memo."
From the January 15 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:
O'REILLY: "Impact" segment tonight, the disturbing case of the two kidnapped boys in Missouri. As you know, police found 15-year-old Shawn Hornbeck in an apartment of 41-year-old Michael Devlin last week, along with 13-year-old Ben Ownby. Both boys allegedly had been kidnapped by Devlin, who ran a pizza place in the town of Kirkwood. Shawn had been missing for four years.
And the question is, why didn't he escape when he could have? There are all kinds of theories about that. Joining us now from Washington, Greta Van Susteren, who has been out to Missouri reporting on the case.
All right, you know, the Stockholm syndrome thing, I don't buy it. I've never bought it. I didn't think it happened in the Patty Hearst case. I don't think it happened here.

[...]
O'REILLY: I'm not buying this. If you're 11 years old or 12 years old, 13, and you have a strong bond with your family, OK, even if the guy threatens you, this and that, you're riding your bike around, you got friends. The kid didn't go to school. There's all kinds of stuff. If you can get away, you get away. All right? If you're 11.
[...]
O'REILLY: This is what I believe happened in the Hearst case and in this case. The situation that Hearst found herself in was exciting. She had a boring life. She was a child of privilege. All of a sudden, she's in with a bunch of charismatic thugs, and she enjoyed it. The situation here for this kid looks to me to be a lot more fun than what he had under his old parents. He didn't have to go to school. He could run around and do whatever he wanted.

VAN SUSTEREN: Some kids like school.
O'REILLY: What?
VAN SUSTEREN: Some kids like school.
O'REILLY: Well, I don't believe this kid did. And I think when it all comes down, what's going to happen is, there was an element here that this kid liked about his circumstances.

[...]
VAN SUSTEREN: So you're playing that same sort of thinking to this 11-year-old to 15-year-old. You're thinking logically. You think to yourself, "Why didn't he leave?" That's what most people think. Frankly, I had that thought as well.
But I think you've got to remember that this is a child. He doesn't -- you know, for whatever reason, he may have, you know, wanted to be with his kidnapper. Maybe his kidnapper turned out to be, quote, "a nice guy" or whatever. But this is a kid, Bill. And I think we've got to wait till we get all the facts.
O'REILLY: All right.
VAN SUSTEREN: It may turn out -- you may turn out to be right. I don't know.

O'REILLY: I usually do. I usually -- that usually is what happens.

VAN SUSTEREN: Especially when you're the jury.
O'REILLY: If I'm wrong, Greta, I'll -- you know, we'll play this tape and you'll get your points.
VAN SUSTEREN: At this point, I simply don't know. But I'll wait for the facts.
O'REILLY: All right. Greta will have more, On the Record, 10 Eastern. Thanks, Greta, as always.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The right wingers love to defend their fellow crazies but this nonsense is inexcusable. Had it been Dan Rather it would have made international headlines but because it came from a right winger, somehow, it is not deemed newsworthy.

Sickness. Utter sickness. But typical.:munky2:

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Please only those who have read indepth summaries or actually read the whole think comment.

Do you buy the theory of SPs and Traditionalists?

Do you think he is dramatizing it for sales?

What are you?

Hoping other people have read the book, because I want to have a chit-chat about it.

I am many things. I rather dislike being pegged into a certain mould by these types of people. I think this is yet another of those types of books creating this "doom and gloom" scenario, this "secret conspiracy" mumbo-jumbo to excite people into buying the book. My daughter lent it to me not too long ago and I ended up not finishing it. I found it very offbase and annoying.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Gopher, I've gone to your link and I've read your post through. So you are making it up. I saw the segment in question. It was controversial because everyone knows the child is god in the western world. You said:" Bill O'Lielly said one of the little boys who was kidnapped and sexually abused probably enjoyed the experience."
O'Reilly never at any point said the kid enjoyed being "sexually abused." You said it. Only you. Give your head a shake. Yes, O'Reilly said the kid seemed to have enjoyed the freedom away from his parents and school but not at any level did he say the kid enjoyed being "sexually abused."
You should work for News of the World or the Enquirer. Come to think of it, I'd be a better reporter there than you. At least, I'd know when I was pulling a fast one.
Gopher, you are a mad hoax!

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
he doesn't have the brains to be a fascist. not deliberately, anyways.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
And so did you read the Sunday Star article on Chris Hedges, author of American Fascism: The Christian Right and the War on America? Interesting stuff! Maybe the ideology is being reborn.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Being everything that Bill O'Reilly stands against, there isn't a chance that I'd buy or read anything by him. "Culture Warrior"? "Inflated Gas Bag" would be a better title.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I'm still reading it. I'm especially interested in background on the ACLU and the funding that keeps the crackpot organization going. I'm always surprised that Americans especially aren't stoning ACLU supporters. The organization clearly thinks it has the right to legislate for the common Joe on the street.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
And so did you read the Sunday Star article on Chris Hedges, author of American Fascism: The Christian Right and the War on America? Interesting stuff! Maybe the ideology is being reborn.
No. I just checked it out. Thanks. I saw part of the Stroumboulopoulus interview though. He seems fairly well versed. I would have loved to catch his debate with McVety.

It never went away and probably never will. The lineage from the Oxford group to the Dominionists is easily drawn.

hard to say who's driving

Last edited:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Bity, it is an interesting and ongoing debate in our culture: If there's drift, where's it going? I think I'll pick up a copy of the book at the local library. I'm intrigued.