worst singer ever

canadarocks

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2006
in your opinion, who is the absolute worst singer ever!?

i would say mick jagger or bob dylan....

hmmm. so many to choose from:)

I'd have to agree with you about Dylan. Great songwriter, but couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it.

Other contenders would have to be Sonny Bono, Yoko Ono and Michael Bolton, oh yes, not to forget Joe Cocker:)

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
LMFAO "Let the Eagle Soar" THAT was really something no??

I think Ashcroft wins almost by default :D

yeah, he totally sucks, but imho, dylan sucks even more.we watched a concert of his on tv from i dont know when, and i couldnt believe how bad he was. to be honest i didnt even know who he was till my mom told me about him. but god, he sucked big time.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
in your opinion, who is the absolute worst singer ever!?

i would say mick jagger or bob dylan....
Mrs. John Lennon: Yoko Ono.
When Dylan doesn't mumble he's not that bad. Shoulda stuck to just plain writing songs, though. His harmonica playing drives me up the wall.
About all Jagger can do concerning singing is hit the notes. Hell, I can do that.
Speakin of whom, you guys musta heard that ad Jagger "sings" in. It sounds weird like he's trying to sound Texan: "Ahm free to do wat I woan any ol tahm." Cracked me up every time I heard it for the first couple weeks. After that all I wanted to do is take 4 or 5000 staples and stick his lips together.
Only stuff the Rollie Stoned ever did that I liked were the oldies like "Out of Our Heads", "December's Children", "Aftermath", "Their Satanic Majesty's Request" (the best one IMO) albums. After "More Hot Rocks" they sucked.
Kinda like Led Zep: the first four were okay, then they sucked.

Now that I read the rest of the posts, I have to agree that Joe Cocker ain't great either. Tiny Tim was just foolin around. That wasn't his real voice. Scary lookin dood, though. Kinda like Keith Richards, scary looking dood.

I'd like to add that screechy guy from AC/DC. Nice voice; all he does is scream and can't do that very well. And no-one could scream as well as Syd Barrett from Pink Floyd. Remember "Watch Out for that Axe,Eugene"?

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
One of the reasons I dislike most country stuff is Randy Travis. Boy talk about adenoid problems. Honk Snow and Honk Williams weren't too great either. Like Stompin Tom though.

That idjit from Guns n Roses voice drove me crazy. Sometimes he wasn't bad but other times he sounded like a squealing pig.

Speaking of folks with nasally voices, Neil Young shoulda stuck to playing and writing. Shoulda found a different singer. Heh heh, nuther scary lookin dood.

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The "singer" that makes me cover my ears is Stompin' Tom Conners singing "The Good Old Hockey Game". Do they come any worse than that?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The "singer" that makes me cover my ears is Stompin' Tom Conners singing "The Good Old Hockey Game". Do they come any worse than that?

You must be drunk and wearing cowboy boots to really enjoy him. A sheet of plywood on the floor only makes it more enjoyable.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
And what about Justin Timberlake? He makes me turn the TV off :)
By the way, there is one ting I keep wondering about - why do hip-hop singers always make such weird faces, when singing? Is this habit something, that keeps them going? :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
???
I thought it was all the strange gestures and jerky movements. Besides, that ain't singing anyway; it's just babbling in rhyme while you have a background of odd noises.

Agreed! None of that crap is music.