Holy ****, Kramer's a racist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's amazing what people think below the surface. No wonder the government still needs to legislate equal opportunity..

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

Hmmmm.....I was wondering what cause him to flip out like that...that would sure explain it.

It's hard to believe someone so funny could be a racist :cry:

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Richards 'deeply, deeply sorry' for racial slurs

Michael Richards, best known for the character Kramer on the hit TV show Seinfeld, apologized Monday after stunning an audience by shouting racial slurs at hecklers during a stand-up comedy routine over the weekend.

More...

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Richards lost it and revealed his true feelings. Embarrasssing yes but also refreshing. He' s more human for it. Much like Mel Gibson - the bus finally stopped and the real person emerged. So with Richards we have the racist but few have ever condemned Seinfeld for his outrageous interest in far too young women. One show: two grossly disturbing individuals on cast.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tamarin.....

Gee I miss all the good late nite stuff.... it looks like Seinfeld turned on Richards from the Letterman Show - did you see it? What did Seinfeld say to Richards? I saw Richards' apology this morning and he
looked devastated.

I thought comics were used to audience heckling.... emotions are on full display when you are caught off guard in anger.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
He just had a bad night. Yes, comics are often heckled. I know the majority, if not all, actually practise ways to handle such scenes. It can often be the funniest part of the evening!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tamarin

Well I'm not gonna stop liking Richards or any of that nutty group....they gave me lots of laughs over the years.... one boo is nothing in my book - I average about ten a day!!

There is another thread so am tucking it in here too:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/movies-music-books/53301-holy-kramers-racist.html

I have heard that some comics are deeply sad people in their personal lives and comedy is what keeps them managing their depressions.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Thanks Snowles.... saw it on television this morning.... but never heard what Seinfeld said to Richards - when he (Seinfeld) was on Letterman..... but apparently it was only to request an apology from Richards...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Woops - be careful. Somebody may accuse you of being antisemitic!
Your contempt and bitterness is astounding, if not precictable, gopher. Where in this thread was anything said that would require that comment?

Besides gophers deep seeded resentment and self loathing, there was an interesting study I read a couple years ago, I wish I knew where to find it. It was about word assosiations and using them to hurt. It was actually based on a male/female exchange, but it could work in racial situations as well. It can also be applied to the commentary in these forums.

It was my understanding that, even though someone may use harsh or ignorant words to inflict hurt upon someone, it does not necessarily mean that what the person is saying is a true indication of how they feel or a true indication or their beliefs.

Arguements between spouses may contain words or statements such as, "pig", "bastard", "a$$hole", "bitch", "wh**e", "sl*t", "c**t", "I hate you", "I wish you were dead", etc. Does that actually mean that these words were used to describe the person, or what one would like to see happen to the one such statements are being directed at? In some cases, yes, but for the most part it was found that the words were used to hurt. When people feel particularily slighted or ingured, they will lash out in ways to inflict the most damage. Some will be physical, some use words.

A preconceived notion that the use of the word "ni**er", would likely result in a direct hit to ones psycy, is likely the most rational explanation for his out burst.

I would lean towards this theory more so then one that would claim he was a racist. Primarily because, he is in the public eye, he has been involved in charitable work to help the African American victims of Katrina, but more so because it makes more sence. At 50 some odd years of age, you would think that the under lying racist tendencies everyone asserts he has, would have shown up long ago, in some way shape or form. But yet we see the exact opposite, up until this point.

Last edited:

Amik

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2006
He's an actor, probably not suited at all to stand up, and couldn't take the heckling.
Just because he can read a script, doesn't mean he can do comedy.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Now that's a rant

Egad::munky2:

Always said he was a one trick pony. Good character actor, but stand up is not
his shtick for sure. Gotta be able to handle the barbs and the heckles.

I expected him to stop a bullet before he got out of the building.

:wave:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Apparently Richards used an old phrase which I haven't heard in years..."AfroAmerican"... huh?

People taught me that was a description of respect. I had to learn so many things when I first moved to the U.S. - tiptoeing around what to call people....

Until I made best friends with my Black neighbor... now I am a graduate in her school of what's happenin!!
But it changes constantly.

I have heard things said on SNL which I thought were litigious and nobody made anything out of it....it's hard to know who's gonna make an issue any more.

OldNugly/ Amik

Um......Richard and Seinfeld were both stand up comics before they became anything....famous

Status
Not open for further replies.