Jarhead

lo2

Electoral Member
May 26, 2006
I saw this film 'Jarhead' yesterday.

It quite suprised me, I had expected either a comedy about this little group of soldier and what they are doingn or a action film where there was a lot of combat scenes. The fact was that it was a film about this group of soldiers, snipers, who are send down to the middle east in order to be ready to fight Saddam Hussein, they are partipating in the First Gulf War under President Senior Bush.
The thing that suprised me the most was that it tried to be realistic and more like describe the life of those soldiers than being an actual action or comedy. But that is just my point of view on it. But the question is how realistic is this movie? And what is your look at it?

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Very unrealistic to be honest. There are, i'll admit, a few parts that are real enough. However sadly, much is exagerated for the sake of propaganda.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Re: RE: Jarhead

Mogz said:
Very unrealistic to be honest. There are, i'll admit, a few parts that are real enough. However sadly, much is exagerated for the sake of propaganda.

Is anything about reality, real? Or is it all an illusion? Like the sky allegedly being blue? Or the oceans allegedly being blue? Or the Conservative government cleaning up corruption?

The problem with reality, is that there's no reality in it. It's all an illusion... smoke & mirrors... propaganda... It's all like some really awful radio program with talentless twits calling the shots and taking the calls... Hello, Burge & Woody here. Do you have a ten second bitch? No, it takes hours, and she still isn't satisfied!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Hello! Movies exaggerate to sell. Hello!

Why is it a difficult concept to grasp? If they were expected to reflect reality they would be called documentaries.

jimdig

Jul 2, 2006
california
The movie is somewhat expressed on the soldier's point of view in the first gulf war from their training up to the time their deployment. but sadly his story was that , he never had the chance to see combat in his own perspective

Deleted the advertising
CCStaff

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
movie was watychable and alright. Nothing wrong with the movie at all really. Was not great or anything. These days it would seem if movies don't live up to the hype about being great, they are dumped on. However a movie which was hyped to be great but is alright should still get the credit as being a alright movie.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
I think not said:
Hello! Movies exaggerate to sell. Hello!

Why is it a difficult concept to grasp? If they were expected to reflect reality they would be called documentaries.

I hate you

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
This movie in my opinion, my being in the Marine Corps for 13 years now, is better than the book "Jarhead" because it leaves out most of the whining that Jake Swofford did in it. His story is no different than any other hundreds of Marines that went to Desert Storm, he just had the where with all to capitalize on it, and sell a book and then have broke back mountain actor portray him on-screen.

And Mogz still has the best avatar! So gratz for that! I love Canada

jimdig

Jul 2, 2006
california
well basically the movie promotes the livelihood of the an individaul joining the US Marine only to find out that the war he fights is somewhat not worth of it. but at least he thanks the corp for moulding him his persona that is. also,you could visit this profile and see if this is also worth its keep www.q121.com/freestuff[/url]