AbFab

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

" Edina Monsoon and her best friend Patsy drive Eddie's sensible daughter, Saffron, up the wall with their constant drug abuse and outrageous selfishness. Numerous in-jokes and heavy doses of cruel humour have made this series a cult hit in the UK and abroad. "

With the great news that Jennifer Saunders has a new batch of AB FAB episodes ready for us, my enthusiasm for this show is still high. Although I'm probably not the average AB FAB fan, I'm high on British comedy, and I watched this series religiously when it was on T.V. in the mid-90s. This show is awesome. The British know how to make you laugh.

Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley play Edina and Patsy, two flower children who still live the high life. Forever drinking, smoking, sexing, and taking drugs; these two spend their free time taking pot shots at celebrities while abusing Edina's straight-laced daughter Saffron (Julie Sawalha). These two are the funniest characters ever conceived in a long time. Filled with incredible character development, excellent scripts, and excellent acting, you won't find a comedy better than this. Ever since this show, I really like it when someone calls me "sweetie"!

And Ms. Saunders hasn't lost her touch, as the first new episode shows that they haven't lost their touch, the show still is a laugh riot. If you're sick of America's attempts at humour, the Brits will cure you of that.

This show is totally hilarious, and the newest seasons are really great.. I've re-picked up this show from IPTV.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I haven't seen to many episodes but I think it's hilarious.

Warwind

May 31, 2006
West Virginia, USA
I once made a "Sims 2" family based on Ab Fab. I had Eddie, Patsy, Saffy, and the grandmother living together in the same house. I'll post a screen shot when I get home, I think they looked pretty close. 8)

Problem was, I kept having to make Eddie and Patsy fight with each other, otherwise they'd fall in love and go to bed together. Which was a little creepy, and not my intention... :oops:

My Star Trek family had worse issues, but that's another thread... :roll:

Warwind

May 31, 2006
West Virginia, USA
But all they do is yell at me in Sims talk! I wish I could build Eddie a dolphin tank; that would keep her quiet for awhile!

Saffy will NOT do her homework, and Gram is no help with that. Patsy is too stoned to do much of anything.

Maybe I'll drop Agent Smith from the Matrix into the family and see what happens...hmmmm, could be interesting...

Agent Smith: We've had our eye on you for some time, Miss Stone. It seems you've been leading...two lives. By day, you're a fashion editor for a...respectable...magazine. By night you consume enough illegal substances...to choke a large mammal.

Patsy: Oh, really just the odd glass of wine...honestly. <rubs nose>

Agent Smith: One of these lives has a future...the other does not.

Patsy: Yeah cheers mate, thanks a lot; look, I want to make a phone call...

Agent Smith: How can you make a phone call...when you're unable to speak...

8O :p