Movie Rentals

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith on the weekend and the movie was disappointing. The problem was, that all the action was saved for the last 25 percent of the movie. The first three quarterswere boring unless you're one of these people who can just watch Brad Pitt and Angelina doing nothing. I can't

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I have to agree with Cosmo, Angelina is freakin' gorgeous. Plus, although I thought the movie was cheesy as all get-out, it had cute moments. I figure if a movie can make me laugh out loud even once, it's pretty much okay . . . which only goes to show how far my standards have fallen!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A good movie,

is "Redeye", very tense, really holds your interest.

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
Memento, Really good movie about a guy with no memory trying to find his wifes killer. Very interestingly done

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
I hated RedEye........its started out good.......but had a horrible second half! By the end of the movie I had heartburn

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
OOOo, Redeye was good! It doesn't just hold your interest, by god it scoops you up, shakes you half to death, throws you on the ground, stomps on you, and then spits you out at the end. Oh! I loved it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: RE: Movie Rentals

tawker said:
How does this deal w/ "Movie Rentals?" - maybe a "Movie Review" topic would work better :)

The movies we are talking about are movies you can rent at Blockbusters or your local video store.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Haggis McBagpipe said:
OOOo, Redeye was good! It doesn't just hold your interest, by god it scoops you up, shakes you half to death, throws you on the ground, stomps on you, and then spits you out at the end. Oh! I loved it.

That pretty much sums up my take on Redeye..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
I agree with Hank. I did not find Redeye to be that good of a movie.

As for Mr and Mrs Smith, it also was not all that exciting.

I can say that if I had not seen either of these movies I would not feel like I missed out on anything.

(disclaimer: i am very fussy about movies, and particularily do not like the western formula of movie-making)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

the caracal kid said:
I agree with Hank. I did not find Redeye to be that good of a movie.

As for Mr and Mrs Smith, it also was not all that exciting.

I can say that if I had not seen either of these movies I would not feel like I missed out on anything.

(disclaimer: i am very fussy about movies, and particularily do not like the western formula of movie-making)

Which movies did you like?

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
recent movies?

hmmm.... (names of movies i remember watching - i see a lot of movies, and quite often forget about them for a variety of reasons):
I liked the lord of the rings trilogy
Natural Born Killers
The Usual Suspects
Sin City
Hero
A nightmare before christmas
Dusk til Dawn
Gladiator
Highlander (part scottish so....)
A Dirty Shame
House of 1000 Corpses

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Therein lies the problem of our disagreement on what is good. I haven't seen one of your movies. I did watch the TV highlander series for the short time it was on.

Oh, I lie. I have seen Nightmare before Christmas. It was weird but that doesn't neccesarily condemn it. I enjoyed it.

What the hell. You like what you like. I like techno thrillers that have some real science and a believable plot in them.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
i like techno-thrillers...

I most like movies that are well planned out (no holes) and are not predictable. Many movies i don't remember too well because I didn't have to stay engaged with them.

I seem to have an inkling for super hot psychopathic chicks though... hence the reason for a couple of movies being so memorable to me.

I forgot Braveheart on that list. I was thinking of Highlander and Braveheart at the same time and combined the two in the answer. Oops.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB

the caracal kid said:
recent movies?

hmmm.... (names of movies i remember watching - i see a lot of movies, and quite often forget about them for a variety of reasons):
I liked the lord of the rings trilogy
Natural Born Killers
The Usual Suspects
Sin City
Hero
A nightmare before christmas
Dusk til Dawn
Gladiator
Highlander (part scottish so....)
A Dirty Shame
House of 1000 Corpses

House of 1000 Corpses is good, but I like part two better "Devils Rejects". I liked the Usual Suspects, and Lord of the Rings was fun to watch with the kids. Its been soo long since I seen Dusk til Dawn and Natural Born killers that I barely remember them.

I think with you taste of movies you probably left out Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Seven, or even that David Gale movie with Spacey.

Anywho you gots got me thinking about a movie now seeing as I have the night off.................I am leaning towards Sin City as many have told me it was good but I am not decided...