What movie gave you nightmares?

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
When I was a kid, there was one - "Revenge of the Body Snatchers." I think it was remade later. I had nightmares for weeks over that one. I don't know why - but the idea that an alien could take over your body while you were sleeping freaked me out.

Also "Jaws" was so frightening that I could never swim in the ocean again. I heard a lot of people say that after that movie.

Percy

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
I forget the name of my scary movie. Maybe the subconscious blocked it out. But for years after I went to bed with a bale of hay. Therapy revealed it was to feed my night mare.
:roll:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
"Trilogy of Terror"

I got up one night when I was 7, went downstairs and turned on the TV, only to see a doll come alive with big sharp teeth running around with a kitchen knife trying to kill a woman. 8O

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Wednesday's Child said:
Saving Private Ryan

I didn't even finish the first half hour.

This is one movie I forgot to mention - one I had been warned about so much that I refused to go and see it. I don't go to the movies to be upset - I want to be entertained.

Uncle

Graciously Yours

Jan 20, 2006
Within Myself
RE: What movie gave you n

Pet semetary. Just with that part where she opens up a bedroom door and sees a vision of her dead sister all bent from some disease getting out of the bed saying (in a very ghoolish vioce) "You never loved meeeeeeee"... heebie - geebies!!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
unclepercy said:
When I was a kid, there was one - "Revenge of the Body Snatchers." I think it was remade later. I had nightmares for weeks over that one. I don't know why - but the idea that an alien could take over your body while you were sleeping freaked me out.

Percy

Exactly my experience.

But we are giving away our advanced age.

Lifestream

Jan 24, 2006
Toronto
unclepercy said:
Wednesday's Child said:
Saving Private Ryan

I didn't even finish the first half hour.

This is one movie I forgot to mention - one I had been warned about so much that I refused to go and see it. I don't go to the movies to be upset - I want to be entertained.

Uncle

Very sad, but a very touching and beautiful movie...

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
When I was 20, and this dates me, I went to the college theatre and saw ... I can barely type the name!! .... CLOCKWORK ORANGE.

I swear, I have never been the same. I wished they would never have made that movie. I didn't sleep well for a year, and to this day I refuse to watch violent movies.

I dunno, maybe I am just a freak, but movies can be very powerfull and when they are made to mess our heads up, thats what they might end up doing.

I had no idea that people actually did those things to other people, terrifying them like that, and using brutal violence, just for a thrill. So maybe it is a public service, but less violence in this world would be fine by me and when it is in movies, it is not real and not necessary.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
wow karlin,

i think that might be a statement to the changing times. when i saw clockwork orange i just thought it was a silly dated movie. The only thing that caught my attention was "that is malcom mcdowel?".

on the other hand, no movie has ever given me nightmares. its only a movie, which is not exactly real or immersive.

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006

When I was a kid, movie with scary little people living under the stairs. They eventually hauled a woman down there with them, I remember her trying to defend herself with a flash camera as the little guys didn't like light. Freaked me, but I was 8.

Toro

Senate Member

There's that one movie with all the little blue people. And the little blue people go somewhere and get into trouble. And there's this one blue person who's gone missing, and all the other little blue people can't find him! And the little blue person is frightened.

The Smurfs Movies is just terrifying.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Don't laugh ...

The Ring, as well as its sequal; also, Ringu.

*shudders*

The movie didn't actually scare me, but my sister, at one o' clock in the morning, came into my room when I was half-asleep with wet hair and scared me half to death because she looked like the girl in the movie.