British Mysteries

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well since we have brits here...I gotta tell you the british make the best mysteries!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite is Cracker..and ehm...prime suspect...and ehm...clive owens as the detective going blind :love7: and sherlock holmes..and the tidy little beligum detective...we get them all here...they are so well done...
But I still hate colin dexter for killing morse that way. :cry:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
:D Here's my contribution to the Mutual Appreciation Society:
I really like Leonard Cohen, K.d. Lang, Jeff Healey, Neil Young, Tommy Chong, ... erm ... Margret Atwood, J.K. Galbraith, Naomi Klein, ... erm, Michael Ignatieff ... oh yes, and Roy Brown, for shooting down Baron von Richthofen. And Le Cirque du Soleil, too.

(and lots more, but you get the general idea :wink: )

LPlates

Feb 24, 2005
UK
Hi

All those brit detective progs get a bit much, but what about TAGGERT "there's going to be a murder" and there is same plot every week.

I watched the singing detective think its on a commercial channel, not definate on that though.

There running chong now on channel 4 or 5 here, repeats though.

sezo

Feb 24, 2005
UK
I dunno, gotta love the 'touch of frost' shows, maybe its coz Jack Frost always eats bacon butties.. mmmm bacon :p
Cracker was always a good one too.
Though I do like the Midsomer Murders - cheesey but always good for a laugh on a Sunday evening.

Sezo
x

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
I don't really watch many mystery type programs...what I do find funny are the ones like Midsomer murders- this is based around a little village and yet they have murders every week...don't think I'll be moving there!!

It was the same with Bergerac- he was in Jersey or Guernsey which are pretty small and yet there were murders every week...I don't think we have that many murders over here??!!