What are you listening to right now?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: What are you listenin

Broken English is fantastic.

Right now I've Luther Wright and the Wrongs Guitar Pickin's Martyrs on. I have "Broken F***in' Heart turned up so loud that every kid on the block will be singing it tomorrow, actually.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Krishna Das - Indian kurtans to western style rhythms.

I played some of his music for my neighbour up north and she started screaming, "What's that! What't that! I love it. BURN me a copy!!"

We would sit around a fire chanting away.

Krishna Das was here in the spring time at a DTN Toronto yoga centre. A cool evening. A crowd of like-minded peaceful people sitting on the floor chanting with each other. It doesn't get better than that...

Courtsey of amazon - don't click - copy and paste then enter for windows media sample

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B00005UK1Y001001/0/102-4801392-3536903

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Andem, I love that theme from Run Lola Run. It's a favourite movie of mine, too. I'm with you, too, in having a distinct preference for slow music.

I am listening to Eve of Destruction. It seemed fitting, somehow.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: What are you listening to right now?

Haggis McBagpipe said:
Andem, I love that theme from Run Lola Run. It's a favourite movie of mine, too. I'm with you, too, in having a distinct preference for slow music.

I am listening to Eve of Destruction. It seemed fitting, somehow.

Yup.. “Lola Rennt” or Run Lola Run is in my top 3 list of favourite movies.. maybe top 5 depending on my mood. We seem to have similar tastes 8)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: What are you listening to right now?

Andem said:
Yup.. “Lola Rennt” or Run Lola Run is in my top 3 list of favourite movies.. maybe top 5 depending on my mood. We seem to have similar tastes 8)

:cool: The music sure drives that movie, it is incredible. I get more out of it every time I see it, too. So hyperkinetic, it mesmerizes me, I get into a kind of hyped-up state.

Good stuff comes out of Germany. All the German movies I've seen range from very good to bloody excellent.

tkmadison

Nov 7, 2004
oh geez...i have a 4000+ song playlist on shuffle...
but when i'm mobile, i'm listening to either Book of Horizons or Book M by the Secret Chiefs 3, as well as the Urban Renewal Project compilation. My favourite song on that album is Thisaboutthecitytoo by Themselves.