The Oscars

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The award in question is dubious at best. Who cares! ****ty movies ****ty stars, ****ty awards.

Many of my academy performances go unhearalded. Why should I care about market selected twits?

The American motion picture industry uses the same formulae invented in the thirties. Over and over. It works cuz the viewers are stunned twats who can't recall yesterday, and are puzzled about tommorow.. Stupid slaves.

For twenty five years or so, I don't rent Oscar movies, the kiss of death, I already saw them thirty years ago.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
there is nothing better than listening to uber-pretentious celebritards lecture the public on their deep grasp of politics, paleo-climatolgy and solar cycles, race-carding, fluid-sex, economics and their pet microaggressions...all the while receiving $100K gift boxes just for being nominated.

oh, and seal-clapping to some sh!tty 'host'.

it's virtual VX gas.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
senile ol' beatty and dunaway.

wouldn't want to maybe ask why his envelope was for best actress instead of best picture.

anyway kids:

Few outside the film industry know the name Alessandro Bertolazzi. That, however, changed Sunday, as Bertolazzi became the first Oscar winner to address the tense political climate in the U.S., dedicating his win to “all the immigrants.”
Alessandro Bertolazzi, accepting Academy Award for makeup and hairstyling: "This is for all the immigrants" https://t.co/Uw8bHLMeC7 #Oscars pic.twitter.com/lNL13niaxc
— ABC News (@ABC) February 27, 2017

Bertolazzi is originally from Italy.

However, Bertolazzi was not the first or last to make a political statement during Sunday’s ceremony. Host Jimmy Kimmel started his monologue by acknowledging that the show was being broadcast around the world to “220 countries that now hate us.”

Kimmel went on to mention immigration again later in his monologue.

“Here in Hollywood we don’t discriminate based on what country you’re from,” Kimmel joked. “We discriminate based on your age and weight.”

Before Bertolazzi’s victory, however, Mahershala Ali took home the Oscar for best supporting actor for his role in “Moonlight.” Ali is the first ever Muslim actor to win an Academy Award, according to Variety and Vanity Fair.

Ali, however, did not address politics in his acceptance speech, instead thanking his co-stars, the film’s producers and his wife.

'For all the immigrants!': Politics take center stage at Oscars | Bradenton Herald

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
there is nothing better than listening to uber-pretentious celebritards lecture the public on their deep grasp of politics, paleo-climatolgy and solar cycles, race-carding, fluid-sex, economics and their pet microaggressions...all the while receiving $100K gift boxes just for being nominated.

oh, and seal-clapping to some sh!tty 'host'.

it's virtual VX gas.
I am having that bronzed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What a wank-fest. A bunch of celebrities deciding which celebrities deserve an award for pretending to be someone they're not. In the real world we call that being a sociopath.