Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

no, drinking has nothing to do with it
neither do the clonazepams

Is that what did it to you?

Dixie Cup
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
My mom passed away on the 24th of Jan. and she had dementia. Her dad had it too. I suspect that I will also be struck down with it as well and I do not look forward to it. In her last days, she wouldn't eat, couldn't remember anything at all and what she did remember was incorrect. I hope I die before I get to that stage. It's a horrible disease and Danbones is right - drinking doesn't have anything to do with it because neither my grandfather or my mom were "drinkers" and they certainly didn't do drugs.

I also keep hearing that one can stave off Alzheimer's and dementia by keeping the brain active such as reading, solving puzzles etc.. That didn't work in either case either; . I'm thinking if it runs in the family, you cannot escape it.

JMHO

Locutus
whatever causes, I wouldn't want it without an easy accessible way out first. and somebody to help with that if needed. not a good way to exist.

Sure wouldn't want a loved-one to suffer from it, that's for certain.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Is that what did it to you?

oh you mean as in unlike you who were born like that?

have a nice day at the salt mines dearie
oh look your shoe is untied...and look there is some soap right there too
yes boss

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

My mom passed away on the 24th of Jan. and she had dementia. Her dad had it too. I suspect that I will also be struck down with it as well and I do not look forward to it. In her last days, she wouldn't eat, couldn't remember anything at all and what she did remember was incorrect. I hope I die before I get to that stage. It's a horrible disease and Danbones is right - drinking doesn't have anything to do with it because neither my grandfather or my mom were "drinkers" and they certainly didn't do drugs.

I also keep hearing that one can stave off Alzheimer's and dementia by keeping the brain active such as reading, solving puzzles etc.. That didn't work in either case either; . I'm thinking if it runs in the family, you cannot escape it.

JMHO

The first, and only time I saw this up close was about 40 years ago.

I was visiting someone in a hospital and there was a guy who, when his family came to visit had his wife explaining to him who they were but he just kept staring around with a smile.

He then called me by someone's name. His wife explained to me what was wrong with him and told me he had been a University Professor of some sort and was an avid reader but no longer would read anything.

Not sure if the keeping the mind active works or not but I can see the difficulty in keeping those afflicted to focus on staying active......

Cannuck
Depends on the cause of the dementia. Dementia is a symptom, not a disease so different things can help slow or accelerate its progress.

Danbones
well, true dat

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

oh you mean as in unlike you who were born like that?

have a nice day at the salt mines dearie
oh look your shoe is untied...and look there is some soap right there too
yes boss

I spent my day on a CPR course ... you know, one of those Libtard things where you learn to help others.

damngrumpy
Its funny how some are stricken and others escape it. My father passed
at ninety six sharp as a tack He always said stay focused I asked what
he meant. He told me "I intend to die at a hundred and ten shot by a
jealous husband"
I have read where a lack of fat in ones system allows the telomeres in the
brain to build up with plaque. Telomeres are in the memory region of the
human computer.
I have a friend and a bright guy at that a first class lawyer and farmer he is
now reduced to being a living smile he knows no one its gut wrenching.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

I spent my day on a CPR course ... you know, one of those Libtard things where you learn to help others.

Fuk trudOWE

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Fuk trudOWE

Get this man some medical marijuana STAT...........

no new posts