Stars on 45

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You remember when some company decided to release a bunch of older music in the late 1970s that matched the 120 bpm of Diss-co? They put that beat to ABBA, the Bee-Atles, etc? I found these on youtuber.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf-2-pu6R7Q

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkVQZNBNXOo

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I remember hearing those songs at the mall when we went into town. They sounded odd, but I didn't know why. It wasn't until I heard one on the radio, in a quieter atmosphere, that I realized someone laid down a diss-co beat with the music.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Stars on 45 (12 inch mix)

"Stars on 45" 11:30 (US: 10:15)

Stars on 45 was a Dutch novelty pop act that was briefly very popular throughout Europe and in the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia in 1981. The group later shortened its name to Stars On in the U.S., while in the U.K. and Ireland it was known as Starsound. The band, which consisted solely of studio session musicians under the direction of Jaap Eggermont, formerly of Golden Earring, popularized medley recordings made by recreating hit songs as faithfully as possible and joining them together with a common tempo and underlying drum track.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars_on_45_(song)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars_on_45

Stars On 45 Medley by Stars on 45 Songfacts

Stars On 45 The 70's Mix HD

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
We used to call the place 'Whitehearse'. Everyone I knew who went to work there said that when they arrived, all their hopes and dreams died. I've only visited on overnights, so I can't speak about things. From what I was told though, we were smart enough to bring our own beer.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We used to call the place 'Whitehearse'. Everyone I knew who went to work there said that when they arrived, all their hopes and dreams died. I've only visited on overnights, so I can't speak about things. From what I was told though, we were smart enough to bring our own beer.

Go there at the height of summer. The darkness during the rest of he year will bum you out and send you straight into the arms of the demon Rhum.