Elvis

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I believe Elvis was a truck driver down in Mississippi before he got into music and became famous. He was eventually put up on a pedestal and made to be larger than life. Sounds like a dream. He died at 42 I believe. You can decide in your own mind if he died a happy man, or would he have been happier as a truck driver. I think the latter.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The pills got to him I think
...so like many celebrities from him to Michael Jackson and George Michaels, maybe their doctors effed them up.
I know if I wan't such a bull headed monster, doctors I have delt with would have done it to me
Come to think of it there are many who were also, like Hendrix, done in by people who benefited financially...

I wonder how he would have felt about robots taking over?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The pills got to him I think
...so like many celebrities from him to Michael Jackson and George Michaels, maybe their doctors effed them up.
I know if I wan't such a bull headed monster, doctors I have delt with would have done it to me

I wonder how he would have felt about robots taking over?

You gotta show the plastic surgeons a picture BEFORE they cut, Frankenstein.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I did, they said you had a copyright on your face,and they couldn't correct it even if they wanted to because ugly is to the bone...
and just like stupid, that can not be fixed
:)

here I cooked you supper
enjoy

Last edited:

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I believe Elvis was a truck driver down in Mississippi before he got into music and became famous. He was eventually put up on a pedestal and made to be larger than life. Sounds like a dream. He died at 42 I believe. You can decide in your own mind if he died a happy man, or would he have been happier as a truck driver. I think the latter.
Ludlow I am concerned on how you make up stories which are filled with doom and gloom
Are you o.k?
Too much shift work?
Not enough play

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Best love songs ,I love the velvet paintings of Elvis,everyone has made love to the love songs of Elvis,and will continue to do so,fond memories are flooding my mind
Are you lonesome tonight?great love song!

Precisely!
Are you into the hard shyte now?
If so we will talk later

Huh?

Huh alone tells me your into the hard shyte or 18 years old,maybe 26 with a frontal lobe issue

Huh? what the fukk are you talking about?
Its your lucky day,I am into idle chit chat

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Best love songs ,I love the velvet paintings of Elvis,everyone has made love to the love songs of Elvis,and will continue to do so,fond memories are flooding my mind
Are you lonesome tonight?great love song!

Precisely!
Are you into the hard shyte now?
If so we will talk later

Huh?

Huh alone tells me your into the hard shyte or 18 years old,maybe 26 with a frontal lobe issue

Its your lucky day,I am into idle chit chat
well how bout you idle chit chat with someone else.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And maybe he would have died on the road in the 1950s. Or maybe he would have ended up a dirt-poor drunk and died alone.

Ain't no guarantees, Lud. Decide what you want and go for it, but don't let that blind you to opportunities that pop up. Have an idea of your direction, but don't pick a specific road. Take whatever looks best at the moment, and don't be afraid to switch.

That's all I got. I doubt it woulda helped Elvis.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
And maybe he would have died on the road in the 1950s. Or maybe he would have ended up a dirt-poor drunk and died alone.

Ain't no guarantees, Lud. Decide what you want and go for it, but don't let that blind you to opportunities that pop up. Have an idea of your direction, but don't pick a specific road. Take whatever looks best at the moment, and don't be afraid to switch.

That's all I got. I doubt it woulda helped Elvis.
Seems like fame has it's own pitfalls.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Seems like fame has it's own pitfalls.
Obscurity can suck, too. Thoreau said "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Only reason we see the unhappiness of famous folk is that they're famous. Trust me, there's plenty you never heard of, and never will, that have their own pitfalls.

People who say money can't buy happiness don't know where to shop. Or as a friend of mine said, "Money can't buy happiness, but it'll sure as hell buy you a half-pound of cocaine and two sixteen-year-old girls."

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Was he hyped up while Buddy Holly died in a plane crash and that decided who was the 'king of rock and roll'? He made a lot of money for his handlers who obviously didn't care about him

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I will take unhappy rich over unhappy poor any day. Taking off to a private villa in Italy to clear my mind goes much faster than taking a drive to Mississauga (to save on gas).

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Elvis never sang off key, because he never sang on key. He'd just reverberate his voice 'around' the notes. Apparently he died on the thrown while eating a bucket of KFC.

He was surrounded with 'Yes Men' his whole career...much like Trump. Unfortunately there's nobody in the Presidential circle who will slap Trump's face and tell him to get the heck off of Twitter. His unwillingness to listen and his hubris will be his downfall I predict. Quite often what gets you there, can also take you out.