U2 delay new album release after Trump win

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
thank gawd! praise kek. Lol

Post-US election, the band are taking time to reconsider their already completed new LP, which they might alter in light of the result

U2 has decided to delay their upcoming album after the surprise victory of Donald Trump, band members said in an interview, as they plan to reconsider certain songs in the wake of a Trump presidency.

Speaking with Rolling Stone, guitarist the Edge said that the band was placing the album’s release on hold and taking some “breathing space” to consider what they wanted to say following Trump’s ascension to the White House.

“We just went, ‘Hold on a second – we’ve got to give ourselves a moment to think about this record and about how it relates to what’s going on in the world,’” the guitarist said.

more ilaffs here

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/10/u2-delay-new-album-donald-trump-election

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I know most rockers start losing their edge as they get older, but compared to U2's first 2-3 albums the rest are about as dull as dishwater for the most part, musically and lyrically.
And Bono has become such an insufferable little git that I can't even listen to those 1st few albums any more.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
enginears [sic] aren't supposed to throw politicks in the mix
;)
now we have seen the amount of Bonor's charity donations
limp is the word I would use