Mike Bullard charged with criminal harassment

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mike Bullard charged with criminal harassment
THE CANADIAN PRESS
First posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:34 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:39 AM EST
TORONTO — A published report says Toronto media personality Mike Bullard has been charged with criminal harassment but his lawyer isn’t commenting on the matter.
Asked about the report, Bullard’s lawyer, Arthur Stern, told The Canadian Press that the charges are a matter of public record but says he has no instructions from his client to comment.
The Toronto Star is reporting the allegations against Bullard involve a television reporter he once dated.
The Star says Bullard has been charged with criminal harassment, obstruction of justice and breaching conditions to stay away from the woman, who the Star identifies as Citytv reporter Cynthia Mulligan.
The Star quotes Bullard as saying the charges stem from a “bad breakup” and it is a “very personal thing.”
The Star says Mulligan is out of the country and unavailable for comment.
Bullard once hosted a late night national talk show that aired on CTV and the Comedy Network, and he later hosted a talk show on Global as well.
He most recently hosted a radio show in Toronto but the Star reported he lost that job earlier this fall.
Mike Bullard. (File photo)

Mike Bullard charged with criminal harassment | Celebrities | Entertainment | To

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
well lets wait for a verdict before we hang the guy
as we know many domestic type charges are really bs

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mike Bullard allegedly tried to get ex to drop stalking charge
By Sam Pazzano, Toronto Sun
First posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 06:49 PM EST | Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 08:26 PM EST
TORONTO - Popular Toronto radio host Mike Bullard is facing a charge of obstructing justice for allegedly trying to convince his former girlfriend to drop stalking charges against him.
The comedian faces two sets of charges stemming from his relationship with City TV journalist Cynthia Mulligan, a Gemini-nominated news reporter, which ended in June.
The latest set of charges includes one count for obstructing justice and two counts of breaching an order to stay 100 metres away from Mulligan or her Toronto home.
These offences all allegedly occurred last month — between Oct. 12 and Oct. 16.
The first set of charges allege Bullard criminally harassed Mulligan by repeatedly contacting her and causing her “to fear for her personal safety” and by repeatedly communicating with her through “telecommunications” between June 13 and Sept. 21 of this year.
It’s believed that the initial set of charges cost Bullard his job at Bell Media.
“I can confirm that Mike Bullard has departed the company on Oct. 5,” Scott Henderson, Bell Media vice-president of communications, said in an e-mail.
“Other than that, we don’t discuss any details of contractor or employee matters.”
Bullard, 59, has been living with his surety, Robert J. Breckles, 49, a long-time friend and Stouffville resident, and receiving counselling as required by his bail order.
A reporter knocking on the surety’s door Tuesday was told, “I don’t have anything to say. Mike’s not here.”
Bullard’s case returns to court Wednesday at College Park, but neither he nor his lawyer, Arthur Stern, are expected to attend.
His bail conditions prohibit him from coming within 200 metres of anywhere Mulligan is known or expected to be. He is barred from communicating directly or indirectly through any means with her.
He is also barred from “bringing up her name in any public form,” court documents obtained by the Sun indicated.
Bullard may also not possess weapons, firearms or explosives.
“Everyone who knows Mike knows he’s not a stalker and he wouldn’t hurt a soul,” Stern said in a phone interview Tuesday.
“He’s a good guy. I’d hate to see his life unravel. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He has done so much for this city and its charities.”
Mulligan, who is travelling on assignment overseas, was not available for comment. Bullard was also not available for comment.
“I know Cynthia doesn’t want to see Mike convicted and not get his job back. We don’t know what Cynthia’s interest is in all of this,” Stern said, adding Bullard is “focused on getting well. I’ve known Mike for 15 years through community works.”
spazzano@postmedia.com
Mike Bullard and Cynthia Mulligan (Postmedia Network/Canadian Press)

Mike Bullard allegedly tried to get ex to drop stalking charge | Celebrities | E

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mike Bullard case adjourned for three weeks
By Sam Pazzano, Toronto Sun
First posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:48 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:20 PM EST
Popular Toronto radio host Mike Bullard wasn't present at College Park courthouse Wednesday when his case for harassing his former girlfriend and City TV journalist Cynthia Mulligan was adjourned for three weeks.
Bullard, who has a designation filed in court so he isn't required to show up for every court appearance, is facing obstructing justice for allegedly trying to persuade Mulligan to withdraw the stalking charges against him.
The comic faces two sets of charges stemming from his relationship with Mulligan, a Gemini-nominated news reporter, which collapsed in June.
Bullard's case will be back in court on Dec. 9.
The latest set of charges includes one count of obstructing justice and two counts of breaching an order to stay 100 metres away from Mulligan or her Toronto home.
These offences allegedly took place between Oct. 12 and Oct. 16.
The first set of charges alleged Bullard, 59, criminally harassed Mulligan by repeatedly contacting her and causing her "to fear for her personal safety" and by repeatedly communicating with her through "telecommunications" between June 13 and Sept. 21 of this year.
It's believed the initial set of charges cost Bullard his job at Bell Media.
spazzano@postmedia.com
Mike Bullard case adjourned for three weeks | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Shouldn't this be in the regional forum?
it could have gone in the Ontario forum. the mods can transfer it if they want.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
try laughing with the other crack which is between your other cheeks
:)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
At one time he had a late night talk show on TV and I may have watched part of it a few times but I never watched those shows (carson, letterman) beyond the monologues.

If I was out and about in the car I would occasionally tune into CFRB and he had a show there.

He wasn't ha ha funny but he was different from other hosts, saying things that were close to the edge or not allowed. He had a female assistant working with him, possibly she was a call screener, and he would say/suggest some pretty outrages things to her.

In retrospect I noticed that whenever a woman called in he would ask her if she was from Oakville. He would then start yapping about how uptight and sanctimonious woman from Oakville were.

I was never to sure why he seemingly had a disdain for woman from Oakville until this case when we found out Mulligan lives in Oakville.

He definitely needs help.......

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
As a long time bar man, I can tell you domestics invariably bring out the best in people.

A friend of mine summed it up this way:
"Men are STUPID and women are EVIL"

looks like the judge is just trying to keep it from really going south all the way around