Anyone watching TURN: Washington's Spies

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
hmmm I didn't know this thread existed or I would have made the below comments here.
I found it while trying to find a 'what are you watching now' thread and the search came up nil.
Isn't it high time someone started one then? And since I'm the 'thread killer' it probably shouldn't be me. lol
Whatever became of Boom-Boom anyway? Anyone got the low-down on him? Is he rotting in a cell somewhere?
I suppose I could ask the same about any of the old players replying in this thread.

from the what's in a name thread, post #4
May 8, 2023

watched a pretty damn good series a few months ago. TURИ Washington's Spies

one can only speculate as to the reasons idiot executives cancelled it before the whole story was completed
but the last episode of season 4 summed things up pretty well - even made our dear Lord Simcoe's monstrous role in it all almost forgivable

I don't know, but given today's rabid cancel-culture of toppling statues of past figures, if John Graves Simcoe really did half the heinous things he is portrayed to have done in this historical series, then I'd say expunge his name from lakes, towns, counties, schools and any other structures/buildings and anywhere else it may appear. His time was before Canada became a country anyway, so the dude ain't even Canadian. fuck 'im

only allow the townships named after Lady Simcoe's dogs to remain the same, as dogs, at least, have more honour than that murderous clown who became Upper Canada's first governor

but season 4's last episode at least gave him credit for a change of heart and perhaps I suppose an ounce of redemption which I can't even be too sure about

1683554899583.png

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
hmmm I didn't know this thread existed or I would have made the below comments here.
I found it while trying to find a 'what are you watching now' thread and the search came up nil.
Isn't it high time someone started one then? And since I'm the 'thread killer' it probably shouldn't be me. lol
Whatever became of Boom-Boom anyway? Anyone got the low-down on him? Is he rotting in a cell somewhere?
I suppose I could ask the same about any of the old players replying in this thread.

from the what's in a name thread, post #4
May 8, 2023

watched a pretty damn good series a few months ago. TURИ Washington's Spies

one can only speculate as to the reasons idiot executives cancelled it before the whole story was completed
but the last episode of season 4 summed things up pretty well - even made our dear Lord Simcoe's monstrous role in it all almost forgivable

I don't know, but given today's rabid cancel-culture of toppling statues of past figures, if John Graves Simcoe really did half the heinous things he is portrayed to have done in this historical series, then I'd say expunge his name from lakes, towns, counties, schools and any other structures/buildings and anywhere else it may appear. His time was before Canada became a country anyway, so the dude ain't even Canadian. fuck 'im

only allow the townships named after Lady Simcoe's dogs to remain the same, as dogs, at least, have more honour than that murderous clown who became Upper Canada's first governor

but season 4's last episode at least gave him credit for a change of heart and perhaps I suppose an ounce of redemption which I can't even be too sure about

1683554899583.png
Its not the truth. Its a TV show.