Fans bewildered by lack of country music at CMT Awards

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Viewers who tuned into last night’s CMT Music Awards were left wondering whether or not they were watching a country music award show.

The fan-voted show kicked off with a number of collaborative performances featuring country stars and others outside the genre, from rockers Cheap Trick to rapper Pitbull.

Keith Urban, Brett Eldredge and Maren Morris started the show off at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. That was followed with an outdoor performance by Billy Ray Cyrus with recent Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Cheap Trick. Then the show went back indoors for a performance by Pitbull, pop singer Leona Lewis and Cassadee Pope — all while Jason Aldean, Nicole Kidman and more watched in the audience.

The performances did not leave fans happy with the show.

“Can someone please explain to me why #Pitbull just performed at the #CMTawards? Wasting time when real county artists could be performing,” one viewer asked.

Fans bewildered by lack of country music at CMT Awards | Fox News

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Trying to introduce some real music into the show.Even run backwards there are only so many times one can hear about dogs leaving and trucks repossessed.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"There's no Waylon, Merle, or Willy any more
Just redneck clowns in stupid hats
And young girls dressed like wh ores"

--Garnet Rogers

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I 'm burned out on awards shows. Fukking entertainers never miss a chance to assemble in one place to pat each other on the back. It's sickening. And whoever the writers are or who decides what the format should be, needs to be flogged.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I 'm burned out on awards shows. Fukking entertainers never miss a chance to assemble in one place to pat each other on the back. It's sickening. And whoever the writers are or who decides what the format should be, needs to be flogged.
If you don't like them don't watch them.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If you don't like them don't watch them.
I don't. Could care less about a bunch of self-privileged tools engaging in some self-congratulating wank-fest. It's just more fare for the lowest common denominator. That goes for all the awards shows, pageants and all the rest of that dreck. Notice how they never televise science awards though, or awards for those who have made true contributions to society. Nooooo, gotta keep the people ignorant while we feed them a steady diet of bread and circuses.

I am gross and perverted
I'm obsessed and deranged
I have existed for years
But very little has changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think I'm delicious
With the stuff that I say
I'm the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozin' out
From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't got for help...no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

Frank Zappa

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Country music was phased out back in the 80's when Schlock Rock was introduced.