debut last year. It also stands as the biggest ever bow for
an R-rated movie, sailing past “The Matrix Reloaded’s”
$91.8 million launch.

Just as “Fifty Shades of Grey” broke out the whips and
handcuffs to reinvigorate the tired erotic drama genre,
“Deadpool” relied on raunchy humor and a fourth-wall
breaking central character to apply a fresh gloss on
superhero movies at a time when costumed avengers
threaten to reach saturation levels.....

Rest of article here: ‘Deadpool’ Shatters Box Office Records With $135 Million Debut | Variety

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I didn't think that ryan reynolds and blockbuster would be used in the same sentence. ;)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We watched it Tuesday, & stayed right to the end.
Thanks for the head's up. It was giggle-worthy!

Regina petition calls for city to build statue of Deadpool

From: Regina petition calls for city to build statue of Deadpool | News Talk 980 CJME

In movies or television, people in Saskatchewan love

any kind of reference, even if it is one line.

In the R-rated Marvel movie Deadpool, the main

character Wade Wilson aka 'Deadpool' announces

that he’s from “Regina, Saskatchewan, the town that

rhymes with fun”......

....Regina Mayor Michael Fougere quickly shut down

the idea of building a statue for a superhero.....

Spoilsport.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
He obviously has never seen your welcome to Regina signs. There are more than 1 way to look at that sign than a some buildings on the prairie. I would have thought a mayor that came up with those signs would have more of a sense of humour.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ryan Reynolds suffered from anxiety after 'Deadpool'
WENN.com
First posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 01:29 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 01:33 AM EST
Ryan Reynolds suffered from anxiety after wrapping his hit 2016 movie Deadpool.
The star took on the character in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but had wait several years to make the spin-off, which became a big box office hit. The 40-year-old is currently working on the sequel to the film, and he hopes he can handle the pressure a little differently this time.
“I felt like I was on some schooner in the middle of a white squall the whole time,” he tells GQ magazine. “It just never stopped. When it finally ended, I had a little bit of a nervous breakdown. I literally had the shakes.
“I went to go see a doctor because I felt like I was suffering from a neurological problem or something. And every doctor I saw said, ‘You have anxiety’.”
“I say this with the caveat that I completely recognise the ridiculously fortunate position that I am in,” he adds, “but the attention is hard on your nervous system - that might be why I live out in the woods. And I was banging the loudest drum for Deadpool. I wasn’t just trying to open it; I was trying to make a cultural phenomenon.”
Ryan originally wanted to make the Deadpool film before X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but was told studio executives would never put the movie into development.
“It’s like when your husband or wife is out there doing interviews and constantly batting their eyes about some other actor or actress,” he says.
He even wrote to studio bosses at Fox right before he took the lead in flop movie Green Lantern, threatening to grab the role for a rival if they didn’t agree to make Deadpool: “I’m at the altar, about to say ‘I do’ to somebody else, but tell me you want to spend the rest of your life with me, because I want to spend the rest of my life with you’,” he shakes his head, “and they said, ‘Unfortunately, we can’t green-light that movie, and I don’t think it’s gonna ever get green-lit’. So I was like, ‘OK, I’m gonna go move on with my life, then, I guess’.”
But he got his revenge when Deadpool was released and the “Thursday midnight numbers” indicated it was going to be a box office smash in the U.S.
“I just went, ‘Whoa!’” he recalls. “We made our production budget back on Friday. There’s a certain vindication that comes with that, especially because the studio - granted, under different regimes - for years just kept telling us to go f**k ourselves sterile.”
Ryan Reynolds suffered from anxiety after 'Deadpool' | Celebrities | Entertainme

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
a canadian super hero
the movie is great fun
the best comic book hero yet
and he is canadian
and so polite too...

then he gets all canadian on their bad a$$es

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LrqOxhZNk
Deadpool - Best/Funniest Moments

Danbones