Angelina Jordan...New singing sensation

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This kid is eight years old. When she is eighteen years old she'll probably be a millionaire.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah no doubt.. I like her choice of music.

Thanks for posting this thread.. I'm Norwegian/German, 1st Generation Canadian. Born in Canada.

I first heard her sing three or four days ago. I couldn't believe that voice came out of this little girl

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
The child has a deep voice but do you realise that video has been manipulated electronically?

The audio track is out of sync with the video raising concerns.

She'll most likely end up an also ran like Lord-washed up @ age 16-life in the music business is nasty, brutish, & short.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I think that it's child abuse to put a kid that young on the stage. Look what it did to Beiber or Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, etc ... drove them into the deep end while a bunch of rapacious adults wrung millions of $ out of their acts. It's shameful.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think that it's child abuse to put a kid that young on the stage. Look what it did to Beiber or Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, etc ... drove them into the deep end while a bunch of rapacious adults wrung millions of $ out of their acts. It's shameful.

Oh come on. It's not as if they went through this every day. Probably happens just a few times a year.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Oh come on. It's not as if they went through this every day. Probably happens just a few times a year.
You're naive beyond belief kids like that are a money maker for all kinds of people who have no scruples at all-none.

They are worked day & night to grease the entertainment machine.

Remember that little kid from Winnipeg who did a Youtube video of a Lady Gaga cover she even appeared onstage with her in TO-but she was smart little character and when asked if she wanted to continue in the business said 'No I want to be a kid' and her parents supported her.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You're naive beyond belief kids like that are a money maker for all kinds of people who have no scruples at all-none.

They are worked day & night to grease the entertainment machine.

Remember that little kid from Winnipeg who did a Youtube video of a Lady Gaga cover she even appeared onstage with her in TO-but she was smart little character and when asked if she wanted to continue in the business said 'No I want to be a kid' and her parents supported her.

Right now I'm convinced that her mother is in charge, and her mother says that school comes first and she is obviously a happy kid.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Actually, after listening to her sing I'd be inclined to think she may have listened to Judy Garland some. Or Liza Minelli. Cute little girl I hope she gets to stay a child .

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Actually, after listening to her sing I'd be inclined to think she may have listened to Judy Garland some. Or Liza Minelli. Cute little girl I hope she gets to stay a child .

Billy Holiday was one of the biggest influences on her singing though Billy Holiday was long dead before this little girl was born. I'm guessing the parents had some old LPs for her to learn from.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Judy Garland ... whom they used to drug when she was a child entertainer to keep her grinding it out ...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The child has a deep voice but do you realise that video has been manipulated electronically?

The audio track is out of sync with the video raising concerns.

She'll most likely end up an also ran like Lord-washed up @ age 16-life in the music business is nasty, brutish, & short.

I don't think so. Her mother seems to be in control and Angelina is all ready famous in Europe. She will do fine.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I don't think so. Her mother seems to be in control and Angelina is all ready famous in Europe. She will do fine.

Most kid perfomers like her end up as miserable substance abusers with deep psychological problems. It's the exception that "does fine". Pots of money don't seem to fix their form of PTSD, either.

Children really need to be children for a time or they end up as bonkers adults.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah no doubt.. I like her choice of music.

Thanks for posting this thread.. I'm Norwegian/German, 1st Generation Canadian. Born in Canada.

It seems I'm a few posts behind. I'm a Canadian too. I was born in Canada but my mother's parents were both born in Norway.