Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Is that the one with George Burns...?

:lol:

That's Oh, God! you're thinking of.. LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tTU00m5MB0

i found the movie offensive

Sounds like it shows one man who has faith.. others unfortunately are empty inside of life and don't have that kind of faith.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMjo5f9eiX8

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
i found the movie offensive
Perhaps a few hours in the you-tube win/fail playlist arena will help you pick out who God likes and who He doesn't. Now if that is what you liked about the film there is something there that should fulfill your needs in that area also.

We could start a fake shrink session if you put those things into a 'My friend,. . . ' form.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I fail to see why anybody would be offended by the ignorant. God is just a word that represents something. Allah, Atman, Great Spirit are also just words that represent the same thing in different belief systems. The problem is that believers of those different belief systems have no idea what the origins are of the system they choose to follow. They take metaphors and allegories to mean literal truth and never bother to question anything.

None can say who or what their god is because it is unknowable and incomprehensible to our finite minds. The problem is not whether god exists, the problem is thinking that we can justify our beliefs based on ancient texts and by faith alone. It is those very texts and our blind faith in them that are the greatest hindrances to actually experiencing the divine principle. Belief is not knowing. Reading an account of god is not knowing god. It is like reading an autobiography of someone and thinking you know them. You don't. The only way to experience the divine principle is to get out of your mind through various disciplines like meditation, shamanic practices, out of body experiences, near death, etc. Reading books will fill your head with words but it will not fill you with wisdom.

God is not dead. Religion is, our ancients texts and belief systems are.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
. The only way to experience the divine principle is to get out of your mind through various disciplines like meditation, shamanic practices, out of body experiences, near death, etc. Reading books will fill your head with words but it will not fill you with wisdom.

I think that Blue Cheer blotter acid, with the Owl stamped on it, is kicking in with you nicely now Cliffy. You'll soon come to the blinding revelation that God is a giant turnip.. growing out of the back of tortoise, swimming aimlessly in an endless black sea. Now that's real wisdom.. a map for your life.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If they made a movie about God that showed that salvation was universal I'm quite sure there would be a few who would need to buy the DVD.

Go hug a tree......
You've been reading ahead haven't you? Good for you.

Isa:14:7-8:
The whole earth is at rest,
and is quiet:
they break forth into singing.
Yea,
the fir trees rejoice at thee,
and the cedars of Lebanon,

saying,
Since thou art laid down,
no feller is come up against us.

Now that's real wisdom.. a map for your life.
A map of how easily it (wisdom) eluded me? The book version is 'There is no such thing as a shortcut'. Wisdom isn't a group even, salvation is. The book gives us a bit of wisdom at a time over a long period of time, at least that is us, Christ's wisdom is based on something different, that difference is most apparent in all of Proverbs:8, our method is in summation below.

Isa:28:9-10:
Whom shall he teach knowledge?
and whom shall he make to understand doctrine?
them that are weaned from the milk,
and drawn from the breasts.
For precept must be upon precept,
precept upon precept;
line upon line,
line upon line;
here a little,
and there a little:

Proverb:8:4-10:
Unto you,
O men,
I call;
and my voice is to the sons of man.
O ye simple,
understand wisdom:
and, ye fools,
be ye of an understanding heart.
Hear;
for I will speak of excellent things;
and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
For my mouth shall speak truth;
and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness;
there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
They are all plain to him that understandeth,
and right to them that find knowledge.
Receive my instruction,
and not silver;
and knowledge rather than choice gold.

. . . and on . . .

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Then why did you watch it? Were you forced at gun point? You poor poor child.
i really did not watch it,i fell asleep,i was in a trailor camping with christians,nice christians,i had no where to go,
thank you for the sympathy,sometimes it is warranted.

If they made a movie about God that showed that salvation was universal I'm quite sure there would be a few who would need to buy the DVD.

You've been reading ahead haven't you? Good for you.

Isa:14:7-8:
The whole earth is at rest,
and is quiet:
they break forth into singing.
Yea,
the fir trees rejoice at thee,
and the cedars of Lebanon,
saying,
Since thou art laid down,
no feller is come up against us.

A map of how easily it (wisdom) eluded me? The book version is 'There is no such thing as a shortcut'. Wisdom isn't a group even, salvation is. The book gives us a bit of wisdom at a time over a long period of time, at least that is us, Christ's wisdom is based on something different, that difference is most apparent in all of Proverbs:8, our method is in summation below.

Isa:28:9-10:
Whom shall he teach knowledge?
and whom shall he make to understand doctrine?
them that are weaned from the milk,
and drawn from the breasts.
For precept must be upon precept,
precept upon precept;
line upon line,
line upon line;
here a little,
and there a little:

Proverb:8:4-10:
Unto you,
O men,
I call;
and my voice is to the sons of man.
O ye simple,
understand wisdom:
and, ye fools,
be ye of an understanding heart.
Hear;
for I will speak of excellent things;
and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
For my mouth shall speak truth;
and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness;
there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
They are all plain to him that understandeth,
and right to them that find knowledge.
Receive my instruction,
and not silver;
and knowledge rather than choice gold.

. . . and on . . .
did you write this,sorry cannot understand the message.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
i really did not watch it,i fell asleep,i was in a trailor camping with christians,nice christians,i had no where to go,

Oh? So you lied. Nice to know exactly what we are dealing with. You and MHz should get a long famously since the 2 of you have so much in common.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Then why did you watch it? Were you forced at gun point? You poor poor child.
This an example of Gerr and his brain working seamlessly together. Offended is something you have after watching the whole show rather than Gerr making it something you should have before watching any of it. Therefore it is all your own fault.
There is no prize for being the 'worst troll ever' so it is just Gerr being Gerr.

thank you for the sympathy,sometimes it is warranted.

did you write this,sorry cannot understand the message.
The book is a lot better than the movies in most cases. Thos particulat verse that come from chapters that are quite important in the single message that the Bible contains. The verses also say you will find a little bit ib every different passage you read. There are a lot of passages so you will learn something all the way through the time it takes you to read it.

Asking questions when you don't understand something is the best thing you could have done.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Bollocks. Religion isn't dead. It may be dead in the modern wishy-washy, materialistic West, but in the rest of the world religion is still very much popular and those with religious beliefs are on the increase. You only need to look at the millions of Filipinos who turned out to see the Pope the other day to see that.