Let's watch a GIF of Kim Jong-Un getting killed in "The Interview"

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They're embarrassed but I really doubt anything resembling 'humble' will come from them.

I think by bowing down to the N. Koreans shows great humiliation and humbleness. And they did just that.

I've never seen anything like it. It's a real victory for North Korea.

They've never seen anything like it either. It is indeed their first victory.

They should demand the Execs at Sony come to N. Korea and beg Kim Jong-Un for forgiveness before the N.K people.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
People putting way too much stock in a movie's theatrical release getting cancelled.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
In all this talk of the nationalism behind this, I wonder how many people realize Sony is a Japanese corporation.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
People putting way too much stock in a movie's theatrical release getting cancelled.

Didn't you start the thread Bro?

In all this talk of the nationalism behind this, I wonder how many people realize Sony is a Japanese corporation.

Of course but c'mon...it's Hollywood.

You know it... I know it... N. Korea certainly knows it.... and Hollywood clearly knows it. You don't see Tokyo flipping out.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
You mean a Japanese corporation has a subsidiary in California that makes a movie directed and produced by Canadian film makers (Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogan, James Weaver), and then releases it through its subsidiary, Columbia Pictures?

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I only associate Sony with Japan, and Rogan/Weaver movies with Canada.

So, it's all kind of weird to hear people talking about nationalism in this context.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You mean a Japanese corporation has a subsidiary in California that makes a movie directed and produced by Canadian film makers (Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogan, James Weaver), and then releases it through its subsidiary, Columbia Pictures?

Yes.... and that got so shook up that they pulled a $44 Million movie because N. Korea was hacking the pants off of Hollywood that they crumbled.

Whatever N. Korea found out there in those servers sure shook up Hollywood.

N. Korea 1
Hollywood 0

Think about it. They already caught and outed one libtard Sony exec spewing racist emails. Emails that were so bad that she got her visit to her office by the Rev. Al Sharpton to collect his check from the racist.

Al Sharpton To Meet With Sony Executive - Business Insider

That was just the tip! She will get her meeting and have to bust out her check book to pay Sharpton. And that was just a taste.

Oh yeah... Hollywood folded like a tent.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Nah, only you believe this was a competition between North Korea and "Hollywood", the ambiguous euphemism for the American film industry.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am so laughing... I had to post this.

Pascal, in a statement on Thursday, apologized and said her emails were "insensitive and inappropriate." She told the Hollywood Reporter she reached out to Sharpton and Reverend Jesse Jackson and wanted to start "a healing process."

And we all know the "healing process" starts with writing BIG FAT CHECKS to Sharpton and Jackson. BIG F*ING FAT CHECKS and they call off the dogs.

Oh the N. Koreans made those Hollywood liberals crawl.... lmao.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
As to the quality of "The Interview" as a film, professional critics who have seen it have given it mixed reviews. (Maybe that will change as people come to a defense of it, but before the cancellation, it is supposedly a pretty ho-hum film.)

A couple of the critics have made references to racist humor. Which isn't really a laughing matter. Racism does happen in movies even today. More importantly than it being a moral thing, it's just lame and not entertaining. It winds up making a lackluster product.