who loves the blues?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
They had a little blues festival in West Plains Missouri one time. Went there and listened to Gerry Moss play. Great guitarist wish I could play like him.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
My parents both love the blues (just found this out recently), but I'm not really a fan of it.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I like the atmosphere of old blues bars,you know the ones,.......every City has them.
I like staying upstairs at old Hotels,this includes Blues Bars,I know it is childish,I just can't help myself.
I can name many old Hotels and Motels I have stayed in, some cleaner then others,and sometimes memories are sketchy.
I sometimes imagine as i fall asleep in these old hotels a ghost or vampire may appear, the walls seem to tell a story,for myself these old Hotels talk,not to mention those funky curtains on the windows,they too seem to have a history to reveal for the creative imagination,sometimes I have not been so creative visiting old Hotels,but overall old establishments makes my creative juices swell.
What is better yet about staying at these old Hotels is talking to the old timers about some of the most memorable stories of the old establishment,I have heard many and continue to hear about old Hotel stories,they make me laugh. What i have come to realize is many old Hotels come with a ghost story or two,this is good,I like the thoughts of ghosts tip toeing around as I sleep,then again I really don't think I believe in ghosts,I think I would picture nice ghosts rather then mean ghosts.
I always thought i would love to do a road trip into Central East Alberta,staying in those 100 year old hotels,who knows, this may be sooner then later,a convertable is in order for this road trip.
I have many fond memories staying upstairs ,falling asleep and listening to the Blues,for me it is like a lullaby,
(another great thing about the blues bars and staying upstairs,is I don't have far to rest my head,this is a good thing)