Actresses - Actors - who do you like and what movies they were in. Me- I will start w

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Actresses - Actors - who do you like and what movies they were in.
Me- I will start with Sandra Bullock- Funny -plays a comedic role that makes you laugh.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
morgan freeman, greAt voice And very good in every movie i've ever seen him in.
clint eastwood, great producer/director,actor, loved all of his westerns, and others.

robert redford, acting and directing and always enjoyed his choice of movies, quality.

can't think of the females right now, have to think About it, i'll be back.

oh yes, absolutely, jimmy stewart And gregory peck And tom sellick, all were so
good in anything, including westerns best of all.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I always loved Jimmy Stewart. Even in dramatic roles (I prefer the older comedies to dramas personally) he always had enough of a twinkle in his eye to give a bit of charm. I think he would have fit in very well in amongst today's actors.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I always loved Jimmy Stewart. Even in dramatic roles (I prefer the older comedies to dramas personally) he always had enough of a twinkle in his eye to give a bit of charm. I think he would have fit in very well in amongst today's actors.

Jimmy- an amazing actor in any role he played. He had that ability to touch people in many of the roles he played
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Jimmy- an amazing actor in any role he played. he had that ability to touch people in many of the roles he played
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

Yep, amazing.

Harvey (1950) - IMDb

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - IMDb

Rear Window (1954) - IMDb

The list goes on.

Also for actresses, I've always love Kate Hepburn. She had a nice blend of class and strength. Also gifted comically as well.

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967) - IMDb

Bringing Up Baby (1938) - IMDb

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Charles Laughton in "Witness for the Prosecution" as a prosecutor questioning a witness.

Walter Brennan starring as Stumpy in "Rio Bravo"

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
morgan freeman, denzel Washington, Laurence fishburn, Samuel l. Jackson.

that would be some movie. :cool:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Actresses - Actors - who do you like and what movies they were in.
Me- I will start with Sandra Bullock- Funny -plays a comedic role that makes you laugh.

Al Pacino and Heath Ledger are at the top of my list. It annoys me that Pacino wound up being type casted as a mob member or a cop. He can and has done so much more varied roles. The Godfather is my favourite movie so of course I'll cite that one. With Heath Ledger I think id go with "Im Not There."

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Tom Hanks is my favourite actor.

I watched Captain Phillips the other night.

Speaking of actors, here's Samuel L Jackson at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, watching Chelsea beat Aston Villa 3-0 in the Premier League.

Jackson is a Liverpool fan yet, strangely, decided not to watch the Merseyside derby at Anfield to watch this match instead.

Tom Hanks and Prince William are Aston Villa fans.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Ricky Gere, Debbie Winger.........."An Officer and a Gentleman"

James Garner, Sally Field............."Murphy's Romance"

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
I agree with many, if not all of the actors listed.
But I'm finding, the entertainment industry is trying to make celebrities or acting stars out of just about every Tom Dick and Harry.

All they seem to be doing is pumping out remade movies with absolutely dud actors. And then wondering why attendance at movie theaters is dropping.

A truly good actor, will allow you to watch the same movie over and over again . Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman along with many more have that power.

The new actors, I don't call stars ,I call them media made celebrities

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
My list is soooo long.

As mentioned early: Jimmy Stewart (my first ever crush)

Cary Grant - my favourite was Arsonic and Old Lace. Had a bit of everything.

May West - she was hilarious and sooo sharp.

Charlie Chaplin - Funny AND Political

Steve McQueen - had a huge crush on him...think I still.

Loved watching Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Joey Bishop, Frank Sinatra (although I found him to be a bit too arrogant)

Johnny Depp - Loved almost all his movies.

Simon Peg and Nick Frost - Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, a couple others that escape me at this moment.

Hugh Laurie: EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER DONE! and I'm reading his novel, so far it's good too.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Al Pacino and Heath Ledger are at the top of my list. It annoys me that Pacino wound up being type casted as a mob member or a cop. He can and has done so much more varied roles. The Godfather is my favourite movie so of course I'll cite that one. With Heath Ledger I think id go with "Im Not There."

Scent of a woman. A grand movie.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Did you know Jimmy Stewart was a bomber pilot and a two star General?