What's your favorite music from the 60's & 70's??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What's your favorite music from the 60's & 70's??

I know there are a few members that are still a little wet behind the ears (born in the 80's), nevertheless if you have a favorite post it..

Jesus Christ Superstar - Superstar - YouTube

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I was born in 1958. The first songs I remember hearing were:

KYU SAKAMOTO- "SUKIYAKI" - YouTube

Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer Nat King Cole - YouTube

a couple of the first tunes I dug when I as a kid and entering my wonder years I suppose. I would pick up 1050 CHUM on my transistor radio:

Melanie Safka Lay Down (Candles In The Rain) - YouTube

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant song - YouTube

then my 70's consisted of BTO, April Wine, Trooper, Elton John, Aerosmith, Gamble & Huff offerings, plus the good disco stuff and the likes. Classic K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies fare basically. Not enough time to list them all.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I loved the early/mid 70s'. Powerhouse albums by the likes of Zepplin, Yes, Genesis, Moody Blues, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Rush, ELP, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Weather Report, Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Frank Zappa, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Chicago.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Those are actually my favourite decades when it comes to music. 1968-72 seemed to be the best. Picking just one? Hard. If you put a gun to my head Id probably have to say Bob Dylan. I'll try a top 10.

1. Bob Dylan (Pretty much anything, "Bringing it all Back Home" and "Blood on the Tracks" in particular. He started his Christian phase in the late 70s so I guess Id exclude that stuff)
2. Leonard Cohen (His first album 'Songs of Leonard Cohen' may be my favourite album from any artist)
3. The Beatles ('Rubber Soul' is my favourite of theirs. Also liked their solo stuff too. George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is probably my favourite album from an ex-Beatle)
4. Pretty much anything Neil Young was in (Buffalo Springfield, solo, CSNY, with Crazy Horse).
5. The Doors
6. Gram Parsons (I think his solo stuff was better than what he did with various other bands. Once he hooked up with Emmylou Harris things got really good)
7. Tom Waits
8. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
9. Bruce Springsteen ('Darkness on the Edge of Town in particular)
10. Patti Smith ('Horses' is damn near perfect)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lots of C & W. Johnny Cash, Hank Snow, Hank Thompson, Hank Locklin, Porter Wagoner, Roy Acuff, Bobby Helms, Buck Owens, Carl Belew, Charlie Pride, Ray Price, Webb Pierce, Loretta Lynn, Lynn Anderson, Bill Anderson, Kitty Wells, Jeanie Shepherd, Bonnie Guitar, Johnny & Jack, Guy Mitchell. I have most of them somewhere amongst junk in the basement, a lot of them scratched to hell.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
My list would be too long so I'll just give a few examples so you get the jist: Zep, Tull, Airplane, Troggs, Hendrix, Not to say I liked everything they put out, but I like what I call real rock. Listening to country music makes me want to kill a dog.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My list would be too long so I'll just give a few examples so you get the jist: Zep, Tull, Airplane, Troggs, Hendrix, Not to say I liked everything they put out, but I like what I call real rock. Listening to country music makes me want to kill a dog.

I second your list, and add CSN, Joplin, etc.

Hippie music....:)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I loved the early/mid 70s'. Powerhouse albums by the likes of Zepplin, Yes, Genesis, Moody Blues, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Rush, ELP, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Weather Report, Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Frank Zappa, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Chicago.

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.

Those are actually my favourite decades when it comes to music. 1968-72 seemed to be the best. Picking just one? Hard. If you put a gun to my head Id probably have to say Bob Dylan. I'll try a top 10.

1. Bob Dylan (Pretty much anything, "Bringing it all Back Home" and "Blood on the Tracks" in particular. He started his Christian phase in the late 70s so I guess Id exclude that stuff)
2. Leonard Cohen (His first album 'Songs of Leonard Cohen' may be my favourite album from any artist)
3. The Beatles ('Rubber Soul' is my favourite of theirs. Also liked their solo stuff too. George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is probably my favourite album from an ex-Beatle)
4. Pretty much anything Neil Young was in (Buffalo Springfield, solo, CSNY, with Crazy Horse).
5. The Doors
6. Gram Parsons (I think his solo stuff was better than what he did with various other bands. Once he hooked up with Emmylou Harris things got really good)
7. Tom Waits
8. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
9. Bruce Springsteen ('Darkness on the Edge of Town in particular)
10. Patti Smith ('Horses' is damn near perfect)

I second your list, and add CSN, Joplin, etc.

Hippie music....:)

y'all sound like a bunch of trouble-makers.