Gravity

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My wife and I watched "Gravity" last night. The movie was only about an hour and forty minutes but we were riveted to the screen for all of that time. Sandra Bollick (sp)was excellernt. George Clooney was killed off early but came back in a cameo. This movie is well worth watching. Very few movies have held my attention like Gravity. I would recommend it to anyone.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My wife and I watched "Gravity" last night. The movie was only about an hour and forty minutes but we were riveted to the screen for all of that time. Sandra Bollick (sp)was excellernt. George Clooney was killed off early but came back in a cameo. This movie is well worth watching. Very few movies have held my attention like Gravity. I would recommend it to anyone.

Second the motion........my wife and I had exactly the same reaction.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
meh

It was okay.

Compared to Tom Hanks' Cast Away, they likewise didn't waste a lot of money on dialogue, but I think Wilson may have got edged out of best supporting actor had they been competing in the same year.

3 out of 5 stars

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought it was ok. It looked amazing but I didnt care for Sandra Bullock's performance or the writing really.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I think Sandra Bullock is awesomely sexy and yes talented.
Her and Marisa Tomei are my two favorite brunettes in film.

This one also cracks me up. Bullock got a Razzy for a crappy movie she made and she appeared to accept it, whilst pulling a little wagon filled with the DVD's of said crappy movie.

Heres the video. Its a hoot.

Sandra Bullock accepts Razzie Award 2009 (full speech) [Mar. 6, 2010] - for "All About Steve" - YouTube

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
This movie had me tense the whole time!!!! Outer space scares the crap out of me...this was one of the best thrillers I've seen. I think I may have held my breath the whole way through...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This one also cracks me up. Bullock got a Razzy for a crappy movie she made and she appeared to accept it, whilst pulling a little wagon filled with the DVD's of said crappy movie.

Heres the video. Its a hoot.

Sandra Bullock accepts Razzie Award 2009 (full speech) [Mar. 6, 2010] - for "All About Steve" - YouTube

She was quite hilarious in that clip. Not too many actors or actresses will show up to accept their Razzies. Kudos to her. She is a good actress and is attractive to boot. I felt bad that she had such a douchebag husband in Jesse James, and I would rather have had her as a wife than the woman that he cheated on her with.

Speaking of All About Steve, has anyone here watched it?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

It's a British film, of course.

At the recent Baftas it won Best British Film and also picked up other prizes for visual effects, cinematography, best sound and original music.

Some people were surprised that Gravity won Best British Film, as they though 12 Years A Slave would win it.

12 Years A Slave did pick up a Bafta for Best British Actor for Chiwetel Ejiofor (who nearly became the new Doctor Who) for his role as Solomon Northup.

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There have been many fine British films. This film was basically a one woman show. Sandra Bullock was the only actor along with the great special effects and she is an American. Clooney had only a couple minutes in the movie

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There have been many fine British films. This film was basically a one woman show. Sandra Bullock was the only actor along with the great special effects and she is an American. Clooney had only a couple minutes in the movie

I wished I'd seen it on the big screen. Quite stunning.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Totally enjoyed it.
I was leary of the concept and that soon was quashed as the film got rolling.

Excellent at keeping one's attention juan, you nailed it.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Real-life 'Gravity' disaster possible, warn experts
WENN.com
First posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 07:21 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, May 16, 2014 07:31 AM EDT
Space experts have appealed to the U.S. House of Representatives to grant new powers to help prevent space debris smashing into satellites and creating a real life disaster like the one seen in the movie Gravity.
Testifying at a hearing called ‘Space Traffic Management: How to Prevent a Real Life Gravity' experts warned that space activities, including human travel and the operation of satellites, will become more and more dangerous if new rules to control debris are not put in place.
The Federal Aviation Administration called for additional authority over commercial satellite operators, which includes the call for the authority to order evasive actions to avoid a collision.
No American agency currently holds such an authority, and it remains unclear what agency could do so with a global remit.
The experts gave an outline of space as an unclear frontier where more than 60 countries, multiple companies and "a multitude" of educational and non-profit organizations operate satellites with no worldwide oversight.
Lt.-Gen. John W. Raymond, commander of the Pentagon's joint functional component command for space, said, "As the barriers to access space are lowered, the number of actors is expected to increase, and our ability to carry out our missions will become progressively more difficult."
Calls for closer monitoring and managing of space debris have been driven by two events in the last ten years - China's destruction of one of its own satellites in 2007 which created thousands of pieces of debris, and the collision of a private American satellite with a defunct Russian satellite in 2009, known as the Iridium-Kosmos collision, which created more space debris than anything before, despite calculations that they would not collide.
Real-life 'Gravity' disaster possible, warn experts | Home | Toronto Sun