That movie scene - those that stand out.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Two that comes to mind
the hand to hand fight scene in Saving Private Ryan
and
the execution scene of Brave Heart

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd heard this was all ad libbed too with the child.
Vito Corleone Dies the Perfect Death - YouTube

Much better than any of his kids got. Sonny got a 100 bullets, Fredo one from someone hired by his brother and Michael died alone with nothing.

Every time I see this scene I think of when I watched the movie with a younger cousin. She was 13 or so and said "The kid is poisoning the old man with pesticides!" Entering the family business at 3. ha.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Much better than any of his kids got. Sonny got a 100 bullets, Fredo one from someone hired by his brother and Michael died alone with nothing.

I thought Michael died on the steps of the opera house with his daughter cradling his head in her lap? Meh, whatever. Godfather 3 sucked anyway.

Every time I see this scene I think of when I watched the movie with a younger cousin. She was 13 or so and said "The kid is poisoning the old man with pesticides!" Entering the family business at 3. ha.

Lol. It's a cutthroat business!

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought Michael died on the steps of the opera house with his daughter cradling his head in her lap? Meh, whatever. Godfather 3 sucked anyway.

No there was one more scene after that. Took place 10 years or so later. Its him sitting alone in a wheel chair. Then something happens, probably a heart attack, he falls to the ground and dies. He probably would have preferred to have died on those steps. It was the daughter who was shot and died on the steps.

I really wish they hadnt gotten Sofia Coppola to play the daughter. Thats the biggest complaint I (and many others) have about the movie. A good actress would have made it a lot better. Instead I wound up cringing every time she spoke. Her death scene was the only one where I actually felt anything for the character. Its not really her fault though. From what Ive read she didnt want to do it and had no interest in acting but her father talked her into it. Interesting piece of trivia - she also plays the baby who was baptized in the fist movie while Michael has his people taking care of business for him.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
No there was one more scene after that. Took place 10 years or so later. Its him sitting alone in a wheel chair. Then something happens, probably a heart attack, he falls to the ground and dies. He probably would have preferred to have died on those steps. It was the daughter who was shot and died on the steps.

Ah, yes. Okay you're right. I'd gotten them mixed up in my mind. I think I only sat through it once, maybe twice.

I really wish they hadnt gotten Sofia Coppola to play the daughter. Thats the biggest complaint I (and many others) have about the movie. A good actress would have made it a lot better. Instead I wound up cringing every time she spoke. Her death scene was the only one where I actually felt anything for the character. Its not really her fault though. From what Ive read she didnt want to do it and had no interest in acting but her father talked her into it. Interesting piece of trivia - she also plays the baby who was baptized in the fist movie while Michael has his people taking care of business for him.

I wish they hadn't gotten her either, she was horrible in it! But she's become a fantastic director though.

Has anyone seen the movie - the Game with Michael Douglas- Sean Penn???

I have seen it but many, many years ago. I can't recall most of it to be honest.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ah, yes. Okay you're right. I'd gotten them mixed up in my mind. I think I only sat through it once, maybe twice.

I wish they hadn't gotten her either, she was horrible in it! But she's become a fantastic director though.

I have seen it but many, many years ago. I can't recall most of it to be honest.

Is that not twice you have been mistaken??????????????

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So, the only "proof" we have of multiple mistakes on my part is your faulty memory.

I don't think that would stand up in court. So I'm calling one and done. :D

:)

Lol.

No way did I say multiple, ya think I am that stupid, no way. Boss -It was phrased as a polite and subservient question.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
No way did I say multiple, ya think I am that stupid, no way. Boss -It was phrased as a polite and subservient question.

That it was, that it was.

Look, if I published all the mistakes I've ever made in a book, it would make War and Peace seem like light reading. ;)

I ain't perfect. But I am fun. And I'd rather be the latter than the former anyway.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That it was, that it was.

Look, if I published all the mistakes I've ever made in a book, it would make War and Peace seem like light reading. ;)

I ain't perfect. But I am fun. And I'd rather be the latter than the former anyway.

For one of such tender years, mistakes are part of life.
Is that enuff sucking up or do I need to do more jumps thru the hoops?
Being old I am not as limber as I used to be.