The Iceman

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Just watched this movie last night starring Michael Shannon. The Iceman was one of the New York City/Jersey Shore's most notorious and prolific (for lack of a better word) hit men. His kill estimate was somewhere around 100. I watched the Ice Man interview and found Richard Kuklinski to be an egotist along with a sociopath, but he was considered a cold blooded killer and his story is still very fascinating.

Above: Richard Kuklinski killer turned hitman.

The film I am referring to I just caught the other night and actor Michael Shannon portrays Kuklinski.

The film itself could have been much longer, but Shannon draws you to the screen. If anyone has a fascination with these sorts of stories, as I do, this is definitely worth checking out.

The true story of Richard Kuklinski, the notorious contract killer and family man.
When finally arrested in 1986, neither his wife nor daughters have any clue
about his real profession.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just watched this movie last night starring Michael Shannon. The Iceman was one of the New York City/Jersey Shore's most notorious and prolific (for lack of a better word) hit men. His kill estimate was somewhere around 100. I watched the Ice Man interview and found Richard Kuklinski to be an egotist along with a sociopath, but he was considered a cold blooded killer and his story is still very fascinating.

The film I am referring to I just caught the other night and actor Michael Shannon portrays Kuklinski.

The film itself could have been much longer, but Shannon draws you to the screen. If anyone has a fascination with these sorts of stories, as I do, this is definitely worth checking out.

The true story of Richard Kuklinski, the notorious contract killer and family man.
I do so I will check it out, thanks RCS

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

I had just started reading about him when I found out they were making a movie about him. I thought it was decent but could have been better. Michael Shannon did a great job as usual.

I saw the interview Kuklinski did with a psychiatrist. The most interesting part to me was when he asked the psychiatrist why he was the way he was. He got a pretty good and long answer which seemed to satisfy him.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I had just started reading about him when I found out they were making a movie about him. I thought it was decent but could have been better. Michael Shannon did a great job as usual.

I saw the interview Kuklinski did with a psychiatrist. The most interesting part to me was when he asked the psychiatrist why he was the way he was. He got a pretty good and long answer which seemed to satisfy him.

Yeah the movie was okay, it seemed a bit short considering the time frame, but Shannon made it a good film. Kuklinski was a lying sociopathic killer. The one issue I have with the film beyond its length is the representation of Kuklinski being a family man who loved his wife and kids. He was in fact very violent, blackening his wife's eyes and smothering her with a pillow while threatening to kill her. His version of reality is a stark contrast to those around him.