Kindle users get a free copy of my book

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I am giving away free Kindle editions of my horror novel THE EQUINOX for two days only.

Got a tablet? Pc? Kindle Fire? iPad? All you need is the kindle App.

Got a Kindle? Even easier.

Check it out and grab yourself a free copy.

If you like it, tell some folks and please, leave a review on Amazon

MJ Preston - The Equinox Kindle Edition

I am also giving away a kindle short called:
Counting Paces

My goal is to give away 1000 free copies today.

As of now 173 copies, oops 175 copies have been downloaded. Please pass the word.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Awesome ! I'll try and get a copy. I've been wanting to read something lately.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
204 copies now.

Good deal Angstrom It's only available for free today and tomorrow and only in Kindle. If you do get it please leave me a review.

Yep sounds good m8! I only found the sample of it, I'll keep looking.

First time buying with amazon.. Ok I'm all set and ready to go... Thx RCA

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yep sounds good m8! I only found the sample of it, I'll keep looking.

First time buying with amazon.. Ok I'm all set and ready to go... Thx RCA
Don't forget, If you haven't done it already, you can open an account for free, with your email address, then the only way (That I found) to get the book is with a kindle reader or a Kindle app on your IPhone or your PC.
Kindle format is proprietary, and DRM protected so you can't read it on other devices......

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Got it, thanks. I'll read it through and give you a review.

Thanks Tecumseh!

Don't forget, If you haven't done it already, you can open an account for free, with your email address, then the only way (That I found) to get the book is with a kindle reader or a Kindle app on your IPhone or your PC.
Kindle format is proprietary, and DRM protected so you can't read it on other devices......

It can be read on any tablet PC/Mac Kindle Fire or Android, but you need a Kindle App which is free. The great thing about doing this is that you are then allowed to review the book. Even if you have already read it you can leave me a review if you doiwnload the kindle version. Review really heklp my standings on Amazon, in fact they are paramount. So please do me a solid, we've almost given away 300 books, I want to get a 1000 out today.

MJ PRESTON THE EQUINOX

Dark Discussions Review

The Equinox: When a tribe of native people in the Northwest Territories of Canada are snowed in from the world, they are forced to resort to inhuman ways of survival. When a presence is drawn to their suffering, an evil blankets over their continued existence until a occurrence results in the spread of the terror to more populated lands. With its ensemble cast, the novel takes paths that lead to a serial killer, demonic monsters, and a police department that slowly discovers that there may be something deeper into the crimes that have transpired in their small farming town in Manitoba.

In the 1980’s and 1990’s, Stephen King’s prominence brought about a flood of mass market paperbacks to bookstores, libraries, and supermarket checkout lines. Horror reading had become the fad and anyone who had a manuscript seemed to have their books published. Unfortunately most of them were horrible or mediocre at best and by the end of the 1990’s the horror market completely collapsed leaving only a handful of the early authors having their books published for a mass audience.
Today a handful of great authors are still about including Jonathan Maberry, Gord Rollo, and Brian Keene. Others have dabbled within horror such as Douglas Preston, Michael Crichton, Lincoln Child, and Scott Sigler, but many of their books cross genres into techno-thrillers and science fiction. But for those looking for a throwback to the writings of Stephen King, a new novel from 2011 entitled The Equinox by M.J. Preston was released that brought horror back to its core.

Dark Discussions is joined by the author of this fantastic novel which co-host Philip has stated is one of the top ten horror novels he’s read since 2000. With the novel readily available at such stores as Amazon folks should go out and check their local library or get a copy for themselves.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I really enjoyed The Equinox last year and I'll gladly pay for the sequel when it comes out, available in epub ;-)

Mark: One cannot write a review unless a book has been purchased....freebies don't count..Oops

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It was a privilege to follow this story as it was being developed.

I can still see some of the more descriptive scenes and locales.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I can't remember where I did them. Can you link me and I'll go check. Thanks.

*derp*

I'm on it...

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I just finished your short..... I had 5-6 moments where I was just smiling all by myself reading.... I enjoyed it. Very good short.
I also bought a book on amazon so I can give you a review soon.

I started your book and am loving it so far.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I just finished your short..... I had 5-6 moments where I was just smiling all by myself reading.... I enjoyed it. Very good short.
I also bought a book on amazon so I can give you a review soon.

I started your book and am loving it so far.

Thanks Angstrom I appreciate that very much.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just as I finished reading the story yesterday the postman delivered my mail, and for a moment I started imagining that story from a postman's perspective.......I just get these weird notions sometimes....maybe from reading so many mystery novels lately....

BTW I especially enjoyed the ending, you have a special talent of stimulating the reader's imagination with your literary style...