pre-paid mobile package

noble_rebellion

Jun 21, 2005
Dear members of the forum,

I will stay in ontoria for the period of 4 to 5 months. I would like to buy a mobile (preferably pre-paid).

I would like to know the following

1) Is incomming calls are free of cost in all the pre-paid plans? if not, which plan gives free incomming calls

2) Which is the best one to go?

Please kindly help me with your suggestions.

Thanks.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: pre-paid mobile packa

Not sure about the first one. Off hand I do not know of any prepaid that gives you free incoming calls, but I could be wrong.

Reguarding which one is best, I guess it depends on how often you will use it. Bell and Telus are the only two where you can buy unlimited nights and weekends on their pre paid. I know bell is $15 for nights, $15 for weekends or $25 for both evening and weekends.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto

there currently is no prepaid solution which provides unlimited incoming calling, the rogers one seems fairly limited unless u noe a host of people on rogers prepaid, which is unlikely. What u could do is sign up on a monthly plan with either telus/rogers and NOT go on contract. they currently have a monthly plan with unlimited incoming. Here are the specs:

100 daytime
1000 evenings/weekends from 8pm
100 Long Distance minutes
unlimited incoming calling anytime

I would suggest telus because u get voicemail and their prices for a phone without a contract is cheaper than rogers. HOWEVER if u already have a gsm phone(unlocked) go with rogers and just get the service without signing a contract.

If u still wanna stay prepaid u can get a TELUS prepaid bundle for as little as $99.99 at best buy and it comes with $75 of airtime as well as an option for unlimited evenings and weekends from 6pm for just $30.00 which is still prepaid.

Are u from out of country?

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
Re: RE: pre-paid mobile packa

nitzomoe said:
there currently is no prepaid solution which provides unlimited incoming calling, the rogers one seems fairly limited unless u noe a host of people on rogers prepaid, which is unlikely. What u could do is sign up on a monthly plan with either telus/rogers and NOT go on contract. they currently have a monthly plan with unlimited incoming. Here are the specs:

100 daytime
1000 evenings/weekends from 8pm
100 Long Distance minutes
unlimited incoming calling anytime

I would suggest telus because u get voicemail and their prices for a phone without a contract is cheaper than rogers. HOWEVER if u already have a gsm phone(unlocked) go with rogers and just get the service without signing a contract.

If u still wanna stay prepaid u can get a TELUS prepaid bundle for as little as $99.99 at best buy and it comes with $75 of airtime as well as an option for unlimited evenings and weekends from 6pm for just $30.00 which is still prepaid.

Are u from out of country?

The unlimited incoming plan required a 1, 2 or 3 years.

I don't know about that telus though.

kalok~

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
The unlimited incoming plan required a 1, 2 or 3 years.

I don't know about that telus though.

kalok~

really? dam, otherwise if he hasa gsm device unlocked he could have just done that. With telus u could go month to month and get a phone, but it wont work anywhere except telus areas. SO if ur from out of country u wil have to cancel your service with telus. I would suggest the Lg 125 or Samsung A570 for $199. good phones, veyr new and easy to use for a reasonable price.

noble_rebellion

Jun 21, 2005
Thank you very much for all your response. Presently i'm in Europe. My wife is in Missisauga, (i may join her sooner or later).

Now i would like to order her a mobile phone through internet to her address. And we prefer free incomming calls.

Please advise a good plan and a phone. I have two options

1) Order a phone online (GSM unlocked) separately and order for a plan

2) Order the phone and the plan online, and even if the contract is for an year we can afford it.

The important thing is, my wife is not having a credit card right now and i need to order it through internet from Europe usign my credit card.

Please advise accordingly. Thanks in advance.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto

since u hafta order it online from europe i would suggest getting an unlocked GSM phone, sending it to your wifes place and when ur in toronto go to fido and activate it. They will perform a credit check, but as long as your wife is a permanent resident of Ontario for more than 12 months and has an ok credit rating shouldnt be a problem. You will need to purchase a fido sim card.

for $25/month +$7.45/month and taxes u get:

100 daytime minutes
1000 evenings/weekends, evenings start from 7pm
unlimited incoming calling

call waiting, call conferencing, call forwarding included. With fido u dont need to go on a contract, if u do, it would be for 2 years.

noble_rebellion

Jun 21, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for the information, but she just moved into Canada 6 days back and also i would like to get the connection before i land down there, because my wife needs a mobile now.

Could you please suggest an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto

why not get ur friend to activate the service for one year and have the phone in ur name?