Windows Phone 8.1 Review:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Windows Phone 8.1 Review | Windows Phone Central

After eighteen months of being, Windows Phone 8 is getting its first major OS update from Microsoft.

While Windows Phone 8.0 has had three minor updates between late 2012 and 2013, it is Windows Phone 8.1 that will finally bring a small avalanche of new features and improvements to users. The update is free and expected to arrive for all current Windows Phone 8 devices in the coming months, though starting today, a Preview for Developers is now live should you want to take the OS for an early spin.

I have been using the Preview release of Windows Phone 8.1 for nearly the last two weeks on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Reviewing a whole OS, especially one as robust as Windows Phone is no small feat. Regardless, I’ll go through what I think are the biggest new features and even some small changes that I think users want to hear about.
Is Windows Phone 8.1 really a game changer? And has Microsoft finally delivered a product that the masses can adopt? Let’s find out.

This is one huge update

Let’s just get this out of the way. Windows Phone 8.1 could easily be called Windows Phone 8.5 or even 9. This doesn’t feel like a 0.1 update. This feels like a long-term project that Microsoft has been working on, delivering a massive set of new features to end users. Heck, the ‘reviewers guide’ could pass as a short novel, coming in at 239 pages.....

^ A more lengthy and detailed review of what's coming.

My contract just finished and can finally switch up from my Nokia L800 (Windows 7.8 )

Moving up to the L925 and when this upgrade comes, it's going to be pretty refreshing.

Last edited: