IPhone Thefts.....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Last summer, end of August, my son and I were walking/riding (he was riding his bike, I was walking) up the street to go get pizza. Since he was riding I had my iPhone4 on a belt clip listening to some tunes. We passed some punks (3 in total) and one doubled back behind me and grabbed my phone. The rational thing to do would have been to accept that it was stolen, go home and phone the police. Well, that's not what I did. I gave chase. They jumped the guardrail, ran down the hill, across the tracks and through the field. I jumped the guardrail, fell down the hill, and staggered across the tracks before I realized it was futile. My son was still at the top of the hill rather traumatized. I thought of nothing but what the adrenalin was telling me to do. I didn't even look to see if there was a train coming. Now as a 50ish year old, I did not have a chance of catching 3 20somethings but what if I did? What would I expect to have happened? I didn't give it a moment's thought. But I was pumped with adrenalin so I may have done some damage before winding up dead.

As it was I wound up with a slightly injured shoulder, various cuts and scrapes and a feeling of violation.
That got me thinking .....I do that too, when walking, I like to listen to tunes, and if the phone rings, I don't have to fumble around.....I just press a button on the earpiece wire that has a mike in it and when the convo is over I press it again and the music resumes where it stopped before.
But that white (trademark for IPhone) wire is a dead giveaway as to the location of your phone, that a thief can jerk off your belt and run...
Around here....it might not be a problem, but when I go to the big smoke once in a while, I like the hands free feature of answering the phone, with the headphones.....so I decided to check "The source".....
I was lucky and found these on sale.....ten hours playback on a charge....Bluetooth A2DP (stereo) no wires so the location of your phone is unknown. . and a good price at $25 tax included and a 3 year warranty...

Made by Nextech

And they fold up compact so you can shove in your pocket when not in use..

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Cool stuff. Probably way more comfortable than those ear buds anyway.

ear buds make my earholes sweat. And no one likes a sweaty earhole.
The ones I bought, I find will be good for winter time, but I find them a bit warm in the summer...

Since I worked for 39 years in a noisy environment I got used to earplugs and prefer them to headphones for comfort... :lol:

I'll have to look for a set of these for a good price when I go to Toronto later this fall......

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Or you could know martial arts like this one woman in a video I saw. A guy attempted to take her phone and she literally kicked the crap out of him. I wish I knew where I could find that video!