Saint John/Lancaster Split

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
As a long time resident of the area once know as the City of Lancaster, and being dissatisfied with the way Saint John is ignoring my area, I believe it is time for a legal divorce to rescind amalgation and for us to become a city on our own again. It was a shotgun mariage to begin with and most of us oldtimers still hate that decision.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Why the anger/ Did I screw up your welfare cheque when I delivered to the Range? Moving away from that Hole was the smartest thing you ever did.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No real anger, and yes, I'm glad I moved out of the Range, that's for sure.

When I moved here my working partner said "Oh My God, heavily armed North enders have established a beach head on the west side!"

He was shocked.

The funny thing is, three weeks after I moved here I called the cops at 6 AM because my neighbor was out on his back deck with a rifle threatening to shoot his ex-girlfriend and her new man, who had come over to kick the crap out of him. 4 hour standoff.

So much for the peaceful, quiet west side.

The cop who took me in to make a statement asked if I knew the people next door. I said no, I'd just moved there. He asked where I moved from, when I told him he couldn't stop laughing.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The lower end near Lansdowne seemed to be nicer than the rest of the Range..once I got past the first couple of courts after Ricky's. Never had any problems then.! Over here,I'm next to the lower end of Charlotte & used to gunfire at night & drunken brawls,too. Anyway,I digress,eh? I meant that we don't get any of the new businesses opening up in the city & was thinking that by becoming a city ourselves again that we would have some advantages in that area.

zimo

Jul 4, 2006
mississauga
i'm buying a house in st john soon i've been looking at red head road but my mother inlaw said to look out because of erosion,, do you know anything about this..mispec area.i'm sick of toronto.,it's ugly here.i met a girl from st john up here 20 years ago,she's gonna kill me if i dont take her home.she hates it up here...plus our daughter has already been thier 4 years and she's expecting in jan 07..wow! i'm gonna be a grampa..my wifes father was a guitar player mike gillespie mabey you knew him.we were there last nov during the by election that was fun .iwrote a poem about it.
MY VISIT TO ST JOHN
this city will never die
there will always be
good people struggling in it
just like my good friend
causeway cowboy carl said
"born and raised in st john
and proud of it"
even after cutting his leg
on the causeways unfixed guardrail
i never ran into carl again
but i know he's rootin for hooton
and the bikers are rootin for fruitin,who's bootin hooton
but if i lived here
i would have a clear head
i would do the right thing
and vote for dr. ed

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
missile said:
The lower end near Lansdowne seemed to be nicer than the rest of the Range..once I got past the first couple of courts after Ricky's. Never had any problems then.! Over here,I'm next to the lower end of Charlotte & used to gunfire at night & drunken brawls,too. Anyway,I digress,eh? I meant that we don't get any of the new businesses opening up in the city & was thinking that by becoming a city ourselves again that we would have some advantages in that area.

You are literally down around the corner from me. I'm on Woodville Road, the old place on the corner of City Line.

TO ZIMO

Yes, there is some serious erosion in Redhead.........but the Redhead Road goes a long way, and the erosion problem exists (obviously) only on the sea side of a short section.

zimo

Jul 4, 2006
mississauga
thanks for the info colpy ,i cant wait to get there i'm pretty much a city slicker.born in london ont and lived around toronto all my life .i'm gonna do some fishing for sure and camping.i took in a couple of hockey games when i was there last time ..great fun for the kids "go sea dogs"went out the town one night .we ended up at the groove lounge -east side,country music it was fun. and i really liked that barber shop uptown "go habs go"