Newfoundland Quarters

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
(CP)

Hang on to any of the new Newfoundland Commemorative quarters you may have.

If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents. The Winnipeg Mint announced today that it is recalling all of the Newfoundland quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each Province.

"We are recalling all the new quarters that were recently issued," Treasury Minister Reg Alcock said Thursday. This action is being taken after numerous reports that the new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices.

"The problem lies in the unique design of the quarter, which was created by a Memorial University of Newfoundland graduate," Alcock said.
Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devices.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Ten Packs said:
(CP)

Hang on to any of the new Newfoundland Commemorative quarters you may have.

If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents. The Winnipeg Mint announced today that it is recalling all of the Newfoundland quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each Province.

"We are recalling all the new quarters that were recently issued," Treasury Minister Reg Alcock said Thursday. This action is being taken after numerous reports that the new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices.

"The problem lies in the unique design of the quarter, which was created by a Memorial University of Newfoundland graduate," Alcock said.
Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devices.

I knew there was a punch in there somewhere! :lol: :lol: :lol:

meitme

Nominee Member
Nov 1, 2005
it is hard too tell. also do you mean insurance value what you can get for it(very random) and also store bought value. after that come the condition of the coin and many other things.

meitme

Nominee Member
Nov 1, 2005
no i don't think i do. i am not sure though i have one of each province but i do not think that those are the same coins. also i think he meant they will bbe worth a good bit when they are mostly of the market.

also i am not a coin collector anymore but i still have the stuff. also i would have learned that much from the antic road show i watch sometimes

meitme

Nominee Member
Nov 1, 2005
he is obviouly lying. I do it all the time in this kind of place(though he could have just not filled in the information like i did instead of lying). for example i normaly say i llive
on 10003 145 summerset Ave new york city. (the postal code is real). and my name is bob dole.