Moncton "Death By Cop" Case

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The RCMP were called to a local bar over an obnoxious and argumentative customer[6foot6,300 plus pounds],and after trying to persuade him to leave peacefully,wound up tasering the chap. End result is he died from the Taser. We often talk about events of this nature happening elsewhere, but our country has the same percentage of most crimes that happen down South. Our cops are just as bad as any !

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Cops are the same breed all over the world. They abuse power (of course there are always exceptions to the rule). They're like cab drivers, everywhere you go anywhere, cab drivers are the same, well maybe except England, they open the door for you :D

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I had expected a higher degree of professionalism from the Mounties[better training,etc.],but when Moncton stopeed using their own police and hired the RCMP,the members of the old force were just integrated into the Mounties.These guys are only fancy Rent A Cops!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The most interesting thing about Tasers here is that every officer who is allowed to carry one has to have it tested on himself first. Now if that rule could apply to handguns......

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Our local cops have recently handled one of these cases,but with a big defference--they shot him with a rubber bullet and carted him off to the Provincial Psych Unit for evaluation[and our boys have Tasers,too!]

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Re: RE: Moncton "Death By Cop" Case

I think not said:
Cops are the same breed all over the world. They abuse power (of course there are always exceptions to the rule). They're like cab drivers, everywhere you go anywhere, cab drivers are the same, well maybe except England, they open the door for you :D

At least they don't all abuse the power though I've known some cool cops, its just that no one respects them even when they are only trying to do thier job. As much as we resent them it's better than having NO police force, things would suck then.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I'm always amused by the reaction that some drunk guy who is fighting with the cops is considered innocent....let's face it; dying as a result of a taser shot is unusual, and not to be expected.

Perhaps they should have beat him unconscious with their nightsticks?

If you make the decision to get drunk and fight with the police, you have to accept the potential results. It's an unfortunate result, but you can't slag all of the police because of this particular case.