Lower Deck (Halifax)

kden604

Electoral Member
Anyone frequent the Lower Deck in Halifax?

I've spent a few drunken nights there. Great little place, very comfortable atmosphere... I was out in BC last summer, and I saw someone wearing a Lower Deck shirt, I thought it was pretty funny, it's more popular than I had thought :)

I think a lot of military people frequent it, I heard about it when I was in Kingston, and When I was in Nova Scotia on a course I went there with a bunch of other people.

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
No, but in the future I plan on traveling to P.E.I. and if time warrants, to Nova Scotia as well. I will keep it on my list of places to go. :)

kden604

Electoral Member
I got really poop-faced in Charlottetown about two years ago... I was staying at this motel and it had a bar down stairs... it was a lot of fun.... Can't remember the name of it, but there was tons of young people there... My room smelled of musty potatoes lol.

wannabecanadian

Nov 16, 2005
Stuck for now in Ohio
Oh man the Lower Deck is awesome! We went there on our first trip to Nova Scotia, and ended up talking to so many great people there. One of my first impressions of the province: after we first got to the LD, my husband went off in search of the washroom, and left me at the bar. Some guy sat next to me and we started talking and he offered to buy me a drink (Keiths, of course!). I didn't want to be presumptuous and figure he was hitting on me, so I wasn't sure what to do, but of course I had to tell him my husband would be right back. He was totally unfazed, and proceeded to buy us both a beer! He was so happy that we loved Halifax and Nova Scotia, and wanted to give us a warm welcome. We ended up drinking with him all night. Having been back to the Maritimes several times now, I know that wasn't an uncommon occurance; the people there have to be the best in the world.

kden604

Electoral Member
Oh Yes, You can't beat the lower deck. It's a great time. Speaking of Nova Scotia, we just got a shipment of Brothers Pepperoni here (Northern Ontario) yesterday! It's GREAT stuff if you ever want to try excellent pepperoni....

We had someone head out there on vacation and bring about 30 lbs back for 20 people :)

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
The Lower deck is good, more of Tourist Bar though. Poge Fado is really good for pubs in Halfiax and the Alehouse, And lets not forget the Oldest Bar in Halifax the Split Crow, which only seems to be decent on Thursday and Saturday Nights.

But yea the Lower Deck is nice has a good Nova Scotia Feel to it. But I am more of a fan of the Other Bars like The Attic, Tribeca and when I do Clubs I prefer the Dome over the Palace.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
The Lower Deck brings back a lot of memories. About 10-15 of us from my old reserve unit (723 Comm Sqn) would go there weekly for a pub night. That's where I met my wife. Of course this was 22-23 years ago :)

I remember the Split Crow as well, and Alexander's, and Lawrence of Oregano's, and a couple of other places whose names escape me now.

I've heard of the Attic and the Dome on other forums. Haven't been and probably never will - old married guy now ;)

DanielStar

Mar 31, 2009
Ah lower deck in the fax me and my friends go there a lot, beer tastes watered down though, don't know what you think...