Finding a cheap bed in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

kawkabwaheed

Mar 13, 2005
Greetings:
This summer, my wife and I will be staying in a University Residence in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for 49 days. Everything is great price wise but the beds there are terrible. Terrible or not, I don’t care but they are simply too uncomfortable for my wife. This residence lends bed out but their rates are, frankly, a rip-off. I have considered buying a new one (a used one is bluntly out of the question for my wife) from the local Salvation Army shop (no taxes there I hope), use it for the summer and simply donate it back to them at the end of our vacation (after all, I have no where to store it in Halifax and I won’t be bringing it back to Saudi Arabia with me where I work). However, can anyone suggest a more thrifty (read “cheaper”) way of dealing with this problem. All suggestions and/or advice greatly appreciated.
Finally, by the way, this website is great but can anyone suggest other websites/boards/forums where I can post my question?

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
You don't say exactly WHY they are uncomfortable, too hard, too soft?

If too HARD, there is an inexpensive foam-rubber material that you can put on the mattress under the bottom sheet that works like a Damn - flat on one side, and like an egg-carton on the other. Put it "egg-carton" side UP.
Plus if your wife's objections are about what she is sleeping ON (hygenic issues), this gives her a 2-inch-thick "new" material, between her and the mattress.

We have one for our RV bed, and the difference is amazing.