Fudge You!

jellyfarm

Electoral Member
FUDGE, FUDGE, FUDGE!

Choco fudge, lime fudge, vanilla fudge, jelly fudge, strawberry fudge...Whatever you wanna call it with the language you're armed with, be prepared to submit to the will of the FUDGE!

To all the anti-believers of fudge, I've got one thing to say to you.

FUDGE YOU!:lol::lol::cool:

johai

Time Out
Mar 23, 2008
Canada - Golden Triangle
I once was lucky enough to have Godiva creamy chocolate fudge with macadamia nuts, while I was in San Francisco on business. The price was outrageous but well worth it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Oh, fu................................................................dge!!
I can't see what the big deal is with macadamia nuts. Pecans either, for that matter. I much prefer cashews, pistachios, alminds, and walnuts. More flavor.
Yes, dark choco fudge is awesome, too.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh, fu................................................................dge!!
I can't see what the big deal is with macadamia nuts. Pecans either, for that matter. I much prefer cashews, pistachios, alminds, and walnuts. More flavor.
Yes, dark choco fudge is awesome, too.

macadamia and and pecan are more buttery. I like them all for different things frankly. Cashews are a must have for cashew/macadamia brittle I make my dad at Christmas. Yum.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hmmm.....at least a dozen posts and not one recipe...;-):lol:

Here is one that I know works:

Pick your own nuts to add...

Ingredients:
18 ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Nuts -- Chopped, Optional (your choice) I would use cashews...;-)...Make it a cup and a half...
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

Directions:
In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly in a wax paper-lined 8 or 9 inch square pan. Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Turn fudge onto a cutting board, peel off waxed paper and cut into roughly 11/2" squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

makes about 30 pcs

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Jeeeeeez, Juan. How's this? :D

Maple fudge
Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tablespoon maple flavoring
1/2 cup walnut pieces

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the milk.

Cook over medium heat until candy reaches 244 to 248 degrees on a candy thermometer-the firm ball stage. Watch carefully during the last stages of cooking, stirring frequently so that it does not scorch.

Remove the pan from heat and stir in the maple flavoring and nuts.

Immediately pour it into a buttered 8 x 8-inch pan. After the fudge has cooled, cut it into squares.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Or this one I found after snooping through the candy book in the drawer (it looks even easier):

2 c. maple syrup
1 tbsp. light corn syrup
3/4 c. half and half
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. coarsely chopped walnuts

Combine maple syrup, corn syrup and half and half in 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Place pan over moderate heat; stir constantly until mixture starts to boil. Continue cooking mixture without stirring until it reaches 234 degrees on candy thermometer or until a small amount of syrup forms a soft ball in cold water. Remove pan from heat, do not stir. Let mixture stand until it cools to lukewarm, about 110 to 120 degrees. Beat mixture until it thickens and begins to lose its gloss. Add vanilla and walnuts; pour immediately into a buttered 8"x8"x2" pan. When cool, cut into squares.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jeeeeeez, Juan. How's this? :D

Maple fudge
Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tablespoon maple flavoring
1/2 cup walnut pieces

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the milk.

Cook over medium heat until candy reaches 244 to 248 degrees on a candy thermometer-the firm ball stage. Watch carefully during the last stages of cooking, stirring frequently so that it does not scorch.

Remove the pan from heat and stir in the maple flavoring and nuts.

Immediately pour it into a buttered 8 x 8-inch pan. After the fudge has cooled, cut it into squares.

Great Gilbert

Know how to make almond bark?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The Peanut Butter Fudge made for me by my sister at Christmas was the best ever :smile:You'd have thought I'd never eaten before the way I tore my way thru the pound of sweet goodness.