Prezza hates foreign muck.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
British Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott (who once ate a meal of curry with baked beans piled on top), says he hates foreign food -

Prezza hates foreign muck

Jabba: Deputy PM John Prescott.

A snail: The French love eating them - dipped in garlic.

By TONY BEANNICI (sorry, BONNICI)

BEANS-MAD Deputy PM John Prescott had lunch with The Sun — and revealed he HATES foreign food.

Mr Prescott, 67, invited us to join him after we told how he piled baked beans on top of his meal at the Home Office canteen.

The podgy politician admitted he often cannot face the grub served up when on Government business abroad — and longs for simple British fare.

Two Jags said: “I like plain food, I don’t like fancy food. When they’ve mucked around with it they’ve taken away the natural taste of it. French food is too heavy for me.

“We were in South Africa and they had alligator and giraffe but I just couldn’t bring myself to eat them. It’s difficult in China too because you don’t know what’s in the bloody dish.”

Mr Prescott stressed the meal he was pictured eating last week was a stew, not a curry as we said.

And he revealed that his favourite evening meal at home is bacon or sausage — with beans.

Tucking into a Whitehall canteen vegetable stew — with beans on top — he went on: “I like beans with everything. I eat a lot of beans. I have beans on toast at night and I make a beans toastie. But I won’t have them cold.”

He added: “This gourmet food, let’s face it, it’s got to a stage where it’s more like constructing food not cooking. I was in a restaurant the other week and to be honest I didn’t like it.

“I had chopped liver and mash. And the liver was in some fancy sauce and the sauce was covering the liver taste, the mash and the onions.”

thesun.co.uk

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Prezza hates foreign

what's "English fare"?...I'd like to know, cus no-one in england eats "english food" anyway.....we leave that to the foreigners who berate our food.

nope, notice he was eating a "curry"...Indian....well almost

baked Beans......american

nah I dont know anyone these days who eats what foreigners refer to as english food, nope we eat all that "foreign" rubbish, like hamburger and fries, Curries, Chinese....nope it's a bit poor to start slagging off england for it's food if no bugger there eats it anyway

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
How about stew? Chopped liver and mash? Shepherd's pie? My English granny seems to think there is indeed something called "English food".

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
So only the English don't know what English food is.....strange.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Well (just because he's a politician)-----screw Prescott :p :p :lol:
No thanks.......... :roll: , figuratively speaking EH :?:

Me dear wife hails from Little Hampton on the beloved Britannia, and she cooks a lot of "British fare"; to wit:
bangers and mash
bubble and squeak
roast beef with Yorkshire pudding
shepherds pie
steak and kidney pie
fish and chips
trifle
spotty dog (bread pudding with suet and raisins)
welsh rarebit (cheese dish)
rabbit pie
Thats jist offn the top o me cranium. There be lots more. Arrrrr, yes ther be :eek:

That is not to say we live on it entirely, but, it is delicious.
She also does curries.................hot hot hot 8)
An Italian dishes...........ah yes......well.......
OK, so I guess there is "typical British fare".

Is there typical "Canadian Fare"..............Should be subject of a New Post. Would fit right in with the obese b.s.

:wink: :wink:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Canadian Fare ala Nova Scotia: Balony Stew, don't ask. Potted Meat, gag. Seafood Chowder. Moose Stew, Deer Stew, Squid, eels-gag again. Corn Chowder, Hodge Podge,

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
oldnugly said:
Well (just because he's a politician)-----screw Prescott :p :p :lol:
No thanks.......... :roll: , figuratively speaking EH :?:

Me dear wife hails from Little Hampton on the beloved Britannia, and she cooks a lot of "British fare"; to wit:
bangers and mash
bubble and squeak
roast beef with Yorkshire pudding
shepherds pie
steak and kidney pie
fish and chips
trifle
spotty dog (bread pudding with suet and raisins)
welsh rarebit (cheese dish)
rabbit pie
Thats jist offn the top o me cranium. There be lots more. Arrrrr, yes ther be :eek:

That is not to say we live on it entirely, but, it is delicious.
She also does curries.................hot hot hot 8)
An Italian dishes...........ah yes......well.......
OK, so I guess there is "typical British fare".

Is there typical "Canadian Fare"..............Should be subject of a New Post. Would fit right in with the obese b.s.

:wink: :wink:

I'm beginning to think Canadians are in fact the smartest people in the world.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

most of those dishes named above are eaten in america and over the world anyway, and not refered to as "english food"

sausage and mashed potato is certainly known the world over and not just for being "English", fish and chips?...the whole of Australasia eats it.

Those dishes you named really arent cooked that much over here these days.....sure it's traditional but most people eat food from all over the world, and a lot of those recipies are dying.....as you know, I've been to america, canada etc....I honestly didnt notice much of a difference...except portion sizes......oh and America cant make a decent sausage

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Sorry Daz; I was wrong :cry: :cry:

I was just going by what "used" to be known as "English" food, now apparently known as "worldwide" food.

So, I guess the world knows a good thing when it tastes it,,,,,,eh wot
:?:

We (us, i.e. me and the missus) still use the term to help differentiate between "English" food and say.........chop suey and egg rolls.....

See wot I mean mate? Nudge nudge - wink wink - no 'arm done eh!!

:wink:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

lol....let's leave off the "hows ur father" lines lol. Nope, I admit, my mum still cooks a fair bit of that, but she is old......seriously, if you look at "english" food persay, and compare it to american and canadian food, they are much more closely linked than french and german, or thai and chinese...

so what I'm saying really is that I could look at a restaurant menu in say......Grande Teton village (I know that makes me laugh too) and understand it perfectly, and know my tastebuds would not be offended by the food cus it's ll pretty much the same...if not larger

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I didn't think the fact that it's eaten around the world meant that it wasn't traditional English food. We all eat Chinese food, but we haven't stopped calling it that (same with Italian, or Indian, etc). Speaking of.... I'm going to order some takeout.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It's just crazy day in England, Tracy...pay no attention to it.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

I think everyday is a crazy day here in england Jay....ur right, she should pay no attention.....although...anyone noticed that john Prescott in that picture looks like he's got a Hitler mustache?lol

he's an idiot anyway.....he went to the Brit Awards some years ago, and the Band "Chumbawumba"...(they sang song called tubthumpin "I get knocked down!!") decided it would be funny to poor a bucket of ice cold water over him

It was very funny actually.
And besides which, call me weird....but I really love re-fried beans with my meals....cant get em here but they taste amazin

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Ick. One thing I won't miss about living in California when I leave is the excessive amount of refried beans involved meals at the hospital cafeteria...