Canadian bacon

Ludlow
Canadian bacon sucks. Had it on pizza . Didn't care for it. A blt would be lousy using it.

Twila
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Canadian bacon are just small ham steaks. great if you're expecting ham. Depressing if you're expecting bacon.

I'm not much of a bacon fan. I like maple bacon but that's it.

Remington1
Must be the same as poutine, peameal is a Canadian must have in my house. I guess it's the same as American grits! I was on the General Jackson and a bud told me to try it!! Yikes, I have to say it was bad man, I almost spit it out.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Canadian bacon sucks. Had it on pizza . Didn't care for it. A blt would be lousy using it.

Canadians don't call it Canadian bacon (we call it "back bacon" or "peameal bacon") nor do we eat it much, anymore. The Brits love it, though and they make sandwiches out of it called "bacon butties".

lone wolf
Pork belly's got a lot more fat in it....

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Canadians don't call it Canadian bacon (we call it "back bacon" or "peameal bacon") nor do we eat it much, anymore. The Brits love it, though and they make sandwiches out of it called "bacon butties".

Who cares what you think.

Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1View Post

Must be the same as poutine, peameal is a Canadian must have in my house. I guess it's the same as American grits! I was on the General Jackson and a bud told me to try it!! Yikes, I have to say it was bad man, I almost spit it out.

I don't care for grits myself.

petros
Let's get this clear. It's eastern Canadian bacon. We don't eat pea meal crap in Western Canada

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Canadian bacon are just small ham steaks. great if you're expecting ham. Depressing if you're expecting bacon.

I like a bacon, lettace and tomatoe sandwich on toast sometimes. Bacon and eggs and hash browns now and then.

Corduroy
Fake news.

petros
And you are phony baloney.

Curious Cdn
+1

Who cares what you think.

Troll

"I DON'T LIKE CANADIAN BACON!!" he says, thinking that it will get some sort of nationalistic rise out of us.

Well, I don't like American Standard and therefore I don't give a Sh1t about you.

Ludlow

Troll

"I DON'T LIKE CANADIAN BACON!!" he says, thinking that it will get some sort of nationalistic rise out of us.

Well, I don't like American Standard and therefore I don't give a Sh1t about you.

I think that's wonderful. Now how about a nice tune on youtube so we can all hear your singing and puke ......Sap.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Fried bologny is good.

Mowich
+1

Have you heard of the Greenfield company, Twila? Canadian company dedicated to raising pigs naturally. Their maple-flavored bacon is great. I also like their maple-flavored sausages.

Check them out

About Greenfield Natural Meat Co. (external - login to view)

I haven't seen it in our local grocery stores for a long time now, CC.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Have you heard of the Greenfield company, Twila? Canadian company dedicated to raising pigs naturally. Their maple-flavored bacon is great. I also like their maple-flavored sausages.

Check them out

I haven't seen it in our local grocery stores for a long time now, CC.

No, nor I. A bought some nice peameal bacon sandwiches from the Lions Club booth at a country fair, last Thanksgiving but we never see it, otherwise.

Twila
+1

I like a bacon, lettace and tomatoe sandwich on toast sometimes. Bacon and eggs and hash browns now and then.

I wish I liked raw tomato. I can eat it anyway but raw. In fact, I love big chunks of it in my sauces and in soup. LOVE tomato soup. But raw? cant' do it.

nobody should mess with balogna. no phony balogna. ITs' one of the only processed meats I like. It's a nostalgic favourite and reminds me of elementary school....

Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Check them out

I am going to!! Thanks for the heads up. You may have turned my camping morning breakfast game on it's head!

Remington1
You know what is really good, a baguette with ham and cheese from street vendors in Paris, umm, love those. I love Scottish Nachos and the food in Louisiana!! wow. Im' getting hungry now.

Ludlow

You know what is really good, a baguette with ham and cheese from street vendors in Paris, umm, love those. I love Scottish Nachos and the food in Louisiana!! wow. Im' getting hungry now.

Red beans and rice ain''t bad.

Twila

scottish nachos?

sounds interesting... tell us more.

I'm partial to a good daal makhani dog. A lot like a chili dog but with daal makhani. soooo good.

petros
Harvest Meats makes exceptional products.

scottish nachos?

sounds interesting... tell us more.

Ukrainian nachos. Garlic sausage, sour kraft, purple onions, dill pickle, old cheddar and of course sour cream.

Twila

Harvest Meats makes exceptional products.

Ukrainian nachos. Garlic sausage, sour kraft, purple onions, dill pickle, old cheddar and of course sour cream.

had me until the sour cream...

what is sour kraft?

tay

Did you have it in Canada?

Likely not so they told you it was Cdn Bacon but what do they know......

or American version

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Did you have it in Canada?

Likely not so they told you it was Cdn Bacon but what do they know......

or American version

That's sliced ham.

Twila

That's sliced ham.

Exactly! I don't know why it's called Canadian Bacon...its' just ham...plain boring old ham...

captain morgan

I like a bacon, lettace and tomatoe sandwich on toast sometimes.

You spelled tomato wrong

nobody should mess with balogna. no phony balogna. ITs' one of the only processed meats I like. It's a nostalgic favourite and reminds me of elementary school....

Bologna barely qualifies as meat to begin with.... Basically, they grind-up all the lips and azzholes from the steer and compress it into, well, bologna

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You spelled tomato wrong

Bologna barely qualifies as meat to begin with.... Basically, they grind-up all the lips and azzholes from the steer and compress it into, well, bologna

Thank you.

Twila
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I know. That's what makes it soooo delicious.

Ludlow

I know. That's what makes it soooo delicious.

I like all beef bologna

Curious Cdn
Yes.

Yes, you do.

Danbones
+1
bull log na
just sayin

Ludlow

Yes.

Yes, you do.