The best slimey foods.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I like my fried eggs cooked over easy. Better that way as to sop your biscuit in the yolk. One drawback could be if you're at Denny's and another patron decides to blow their snoot while you're trying to enjoy sopping your biscuit. Another of my favorite slime foods is fried okra. Nothing better. Stillwell sold the best but I think they must have gone broke because I can't find it anymore. Churches Chicken sells pretty good take out okra but they're about it. I'll go to Churches just for the okra. Some people when preparing okra to fry choose to deslime it. I say leave the slime in. That's why okra is good. Canned asparagus is kinda slimey and I love it. Fried orange roughy is not slimey but is a member of the slimehead fish family. Those are the best slimey foods in my opinion . I've never had oysters but lotsa folks love them even though I hear they're as slimey as snot. Probably more slimey foods out there that people enjoy because we'll eat any fukkin thing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I like my fried eggs cooked over easy. Better that way as to sop your biscuit in the yolk. One drawback could be if you're at Denny's and another patron decides to blow their snoot while you're trying to enjoy sopping your biscuit. Another of my favorite slime foods is fried okra. Nothing better. Stillwell sold the best but I think they must have gone broke because I can't find it anymore. Churches Chicken sells pretty good take out okra but they're about it. I'll go to Churches just for the okra. Some people when preparing okra to fry choose to deslime it. I say leave the slime in. That's why okra is good. Canned asparagus is kinda slimey and I love it. Fried orange roughy is not slimey but is a member of the slimehead fish family. Those are the best slimey foods in my opinion . I've never had oysters but lotsa folks love them even though I hear they're as slimey as snot. Probably more slimey foods out there that people enjoy because we'll eat any fukkin thing.

Clams are slimy and they are good too. F.Y.I. best way to do fried eggs, get the pan fairly hot and put about a tsp. of oil in the pan break the eggs into the pan and immediately add a tbsp. or so of water and put a tight fitting lid on and steam them for about 45 seconds and they are done.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Clams are slimy and they are good too. F.Y.I. best way to do fried eggs, get the pan fairly hot and put about a tsp. of oil in the pan break the eggs into the pan and immediately add a tbsp. or so of water and put a tight fitting lid on and steam them for about 45 seconds and they are done.
Isn't that called a poached egg JLM ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
This is not healthy but my favorite way to fry eggs is to cook a bunch of bacon and use the drippings to fry the eggs in,

That is a very British meal.They will even fry some bread in the bacon drippings, afterward.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I would use a lot more water for poached, but I'm no expert when it comes to chefery.

Were the soldiers good eating?

Indeed they were. You do know that soldiers are cut strips of toast for dipping in your egg yolk?

Old Joke: What is the difference between an Italian and his bread?

You can make soldiers out of his bread.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Indeed they were. You do know that soldiers are cut strips of toast for dipping in your egg yolk?

Old Joke: What is the difference between an Italian and his bread?

You can make soldiers out of his bread.

you learn something every day.