Man owes his life to daily pizza addiction

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man owes his life to daily pizza addiction
The Washington Post and Postmedia Network
First posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 01:21 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, May 12, 2016 01:30 PM EDT
Pizza really can safe a life. A Oregon man who ordered delivery from a local pizza place almost daily was found close to death after his drivers noticed he hadn't been heard from for a while.
It was highly unusual for Kirk Alexander. He'd been a regular customer for seven years. The drivers also knew, from years of delivering to his door, that Alexander suffered from regular health problems.
According to the Oregonian newspaper, driver Tracey Hamblen stopped in to make sure everything was OK. He noticed the TV and lights were on in the home, but Alexander wasn't answering the door.
So the restaurant called 911.
Authorities from the Marion County Sheriff's Office responded to Alexander's home and "could hear a man calling for help from inside the residence," the agency wrote in a Facebook post.
"Deputies forced entry and found Kirk Alexander ... down and in need of immediate medical attention," the post continued.
Alexander was hospitalized. He was listed in stable condition earlier this week.
"We're like a family here, and we were glad we were able to do something to help," restaurant general manager Sarah Fuller told the newspaper. "We hope he's able to fully recover from this."
Man owes his life to daily pizza addiction | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I was also wondering if all that pizza with its high calories, greasiness, and gluten may have contributed to the problem. Hopefully, he will be all right.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Could daily pizza have also caused his condition?

I was also wondering if all that pizza with its high calories, greasiness, and gluten may have contributed to the problem. Hopefully, he will be all right.
That was the first thing I thought too

Nothing more disgusting to eat than f**king pizza! :)

Anything that's fu cking would be disgusting to eat but I've never seen a pizza do that so what's the # for Dominos?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
old Brooklyn pizzeria and baths (pronounced baat'z):

photo from 1950 - I ate my first slice in a pizza joint just underneath the boardwalk in 1959