British company unveils royal baby breast milk ice cream

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
British company unveils royal baby breast milk ice cream
Postmedia Network
First posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 03:14 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 03:28 PM EDT
A British company is celebrating the imminent arrival of William and Kate's second royal baby by selling breast milk ice cream with the duchess's face on the carton.
The Licktators teamed up with breastfeeding advocate Victoria Hiley to create Royal Baby Gaga ice cream, which combines donated breast milk with Madagascan Vanilla.
Breastfeeding campaigner teams up with The Licktators to re-launch breast milk ice cream in celebration of the birth of the Royal baby
A breastfeeding campaigner has collaborated with The Licktators to re-launch breast milk ice cream in celebration of the forthcoming birth of the Royal baby.
Victoria Hiley, a 30-year-old mother from Leeds, said she wanted to remind the Duchess of Cambridge, and mothers around the country, of the benefits of breastfeeding. And also how delicio...us breast milk is, whatever your age.
Royal Baby Gaga ice cream is made by The Licktators with donated breast milk - screened in line with hospital standards - and blended with Madagascan Vanilla.
Hiley was involved in the launch of Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream in 2011 and has teamed up again with ice cream maker Matt O’Connor to create the product.
“There was huge support from breastfeeding women for Baby Gaga ice cream in 2011, yet some politicians still stigmatise women for breastfeeding in public.
“We thought the birth of a Royal baby was a great time to whip up support for mums and say that when it comes to ice cream this summer, breast is best.”
“After all, what else would you give your young prince or princess?”
The Licktators have also published the recipe online so that mums can make the ice cream at home http://thelicktators.com/baby-gaga-recipe.php
The product will be available for sale at selected stores in London this summer and online at thelicktators.com http://thelicktators.com from Saturday.
A 500ml tub of Royal Baby Gaga has an RSP of £19.99 and is available in pink and blue tubs.
All profits are to be donated to a breastfeeding charity.
"We thought the birth of a royal baby was a great time to whip up support for mums and say that when it comes to ice cream this summer, breast is best," Hiley said.
The company launched a similar product, Baby Gaga Ice Cream, in 2011. That brand prompted singer Lady Gaga to threaten a lawsuit and the Westminster Council to seize the product and conduct safety tests.
Each 500-ml tub — they come in pink or blue — costs $36.87.
The Licktators say they will donate profits from the ice cream to a breastfeeding charity, but didn't immediately respond to inquiries as to which one.
British company, The Licktators is celebrating the arrival of William and Kate's second royal baby by selling breast milk ice cream with the duchess's face on the carton. (Facebook.com/TheLicktators)

British company unveils royal baby breast milk ice cream | Eat | Life | Toronto

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
"breast is best"
Bull****.

As for your breast milk, it disgusts me. The thought of it makes me quite ill. Why you sell such stuff is beyond me.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Um, no, it means that dairy makes me sick.

In what universe is human milk included in "dairy?"

Oh, right, in the little Engerland in your head.

No, dear. It's a rather long-winded way of saying "No. I am disgusted at the thought of drinking human milk. So that makes me exactly the same as you, Blackleaf, despite my initial rant."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You're lactose intolerant? That's relatively unusual in white people.
ooooooooooooooooh, trust me, it's not...but ya can grow out of it...although I still wouldn't chance eating a bowl full of cereal and milk

there was a benefit though ... I lost almost 30 lbs very very quickly

not that I would ever endorse that type of weight loss but I like to view the glass half full

this one aught to give the queen apoplexy

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cows milk is not good for humans Usually lactose intolerant relates to cows milk.
Some have trouble with goat or sheep milk but as many. Human milk, however is the only milk really suited to humans. Seems rather logical. The closest to human milk is sheep milk which is naturally sweet like human milk and the fat globules are just as fine making much more digestible.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The white-haters definitely don't like it up 'em.

Does anyone serious reckon they'd complain had a black person said: "That's because black people are superior?" Therein lie the double standards.