spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
are you eating meat today?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"What? You mean you don't always cross the street at the light? That's it, everybody, jump off the cliff."

Makes about as much sense.
At least as much sense as banning garments that don't cover the face because they object to face covering. And then blathering about "Canadian tradition."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
meat, yup, I'm all in, unless I decide no meat today, I try to eat some meatless meals at least a few times a week, so in short, depends upon what I decide to make, it might be cheese instead

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
meat, yup, I'm all in, unless I decide no meat today, I try to eat some meatless meals at least a few times a week, so in short, depends upon what I decide to make, it might be cheese instead
Well, that's certainly appropriate for Good Friday (good for whom? I've always wondered. Kinda sucked for Jeebus).

It fits right in with the traditional hymn "What a Friend We Have in Cheeses."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well, that's certainly appropriate for Good Friday (good for whom? I've always wondered. Kinda sucked for Jeebus).

It fits right in with the traditional hymn "What a Friend We Have in Cheeses."
well it's good for ya to cut back on the meat a bit, we eat way more than the body requires....but then I'm a beef freak, so I have to force myself to rein that in

hey check out this restaurant we have here in town: Cheeses Murphy, it's a good lunch break when I am working in the core...lol
Cheeses Murphy | a unique grilled cheese restaurant in both Uptown Waterloo and Downtown Kitchener

I always thought that was just a Catholic tradition and it's not something I recall being strictly adhered to when I was a child. Is it also traditional amongst other Christian faiths?
didn't you do fishy fridays...we did but then they cut it out...I hate fishies

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
didn't you do fishy fridays...we did but then they cut it out...I hate fishies

I seem to remember my grandmother making fish, maybe, but my mom was never practicing while I was growing up, my grandparents were. At any rate, meatless Friday is not something that stands out in my memory from childhood.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Oh, well, so much for Canadian tradition.

Break out the niqab!

He never said it was a Canadian tradition.

And why, a$$hole, did you see fit to muck up a simple thread in the kitchen forum with one of your antagonistic remarks?

I mean, if you're looking for attention chief, today is the day. I've got an ingrown toenail so it's making me kinda cranky and I will fukk you out the door quicker than sh!it through a goose.

Take care now.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I seem to remember my grandmother making fish, maybe, but my mom was never practicing while I was growing up, my grandparents were. At any rate, meatless Friday is not something that stands out in my memory from childhood.
well you're younger than me, they might have cut it out by then...

we had homemade fish and chips every friday...not something I really appreciated at the time, now I would kill for some of my mum's homemade, nicely battered fish and chips fried up in a big old pot of god knows what kind of grease with homemade cole slaw

I've got an ingrown toenail so it's making me kinda cranky
I get those all of the time, apparently some toe shapes are more prone that others, the secret to success is as soon as they pinch a tiny bit ya have to dig them out...otherwise it will spoil your dinner

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
well you're younger than me, they might have cut it out by then...

Possibly, you have to remember my family is french too. We gots our own ways, lol.

we had homemade fish and chips every friday...not something I really appreciated at the time, now I would kill for some of my mum's homemade, nicely battered fish and chips fried up in a big old pot of god knows what kind of grease with homemade cole slaw

I haven't had really good, old fashioned fish and chips since my mother in law made them. Sadly with her Alzheimers she's just not in a position to do that anymore. And I don't crave it often but every now and then I'd just about kill for some too. I've tried a handful of places, never found anything quite right. And it's just me that likes it in this household so it's not really worth trying to make it myself. Sigh, the hunt continues I guess.......

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Possibly, you have to remember my family is french too. We gots our own ways, lol.

I haven't had really good, old fashioned fish and chips since my mother in law made them. Sadly with her Alzheimers she's just not in a position to do that anymore. And I don't crave it often but every now and then I'd just about kill for some too. I've tried a handful of places, never found anything quite right. And it's just me that likes it in this household so it's not really worth trying to make it myself. Sigh, the hunt continues I guess.......
I don't know if you have it in your area...but this tiny restaurant does a bang up job if you want deep fried fish and they are super friendly, it's not elegant dining, it's more truck stop, but it's good

Kiss the Cod

Kiss the Cod - Kitchener | Urbanspoon

it's not my mum's but it's good

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't know if you have it in your area...but this tiny restaurant does a bang up job if you want deep fried fish and they are super friendly, it's not elegant dining, it's more truck stop, but it's good

Kiss the Cod

Kiss the Cod - Kitchener | Urbanspoon

it's not my mum's but it's good

I don't think we have that but if I'm ever in Kitchener when the craving strikes me I'll check it out.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
As heathens who traditionally didn't have a pot to pee in we ate what the **** ever was provided or went to bed hungry. I don't remember any specific religious traditions other than Christmas and the easter thing yet even those had very little to do with religion.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As heathens who traditionally didn't have a pot to pee in we ate what the **** ever was provided or went to bed hungry. I don't remember any specific religious traditions other than Christmas and the easter thing yet even those had very little to do with religion.
How dare you insult the Roman and Germanic religions like that!