Krispy Kreme apologizes for 'KKK Wednesday'

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Krispy Kreme apologizes for 'KKK Wednesday'
QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 07:06 PM EST | Updated: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 07:12 PM EST
Krispy Kreme donuts has apologized after giving one of their U.K. promotional events the unfortunate name "KKK Wednesday."
A poster advertising mid-term activities at the location in Hull, in eastern England, included Funday Monday, Colouring Tuesday and Face Painting Thursday. But it was the meeting of the Krispy Kreme Klub, scheduled for Feb. 18, that caused a stir on social media, where users pointed out it called to mind the American hate group Ku Klux Klan.
The U.S.-based company acted quickly to pull all of the ads from stores and from the Internet Tuesday and issued a statement.
"Krispy Kreme apologizes unreservedly for the inappropriate name of a customer promotion at one of our stores. We are truly sorry for any offence this completely unintentional oversight may have caused," the statement said.
"Steps are being taken to ensure that greater precautions are taken with publicity materials in the future."

Krispy Kreme apologizes for 'KKK Wednesday' | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Krispy Kream (whoever they are) shouldn't have to "apologise".

KKK stands for "Krispy Kream Klub."

Krispy Kream, rather than "apologising" (it's the trendy fashion amongst the Lefties these days to force people or companies to "apologise for any offence cause" even though it's not a real apology if you force someone to do it), should have told the Twitterati (the same people who bullied an ESA worker because they didn't like the shirt he was wearing and attacked Ellie Goulding because she was dressed in a Red Indian costume) to shut the bloody hell up and get a life.

This should be a non-story, but the Twitterati mob have created a mountain out of a molehill and seen "offense" and "racism" where there is none. As usual.

It'll not be long now until the Twitterati mob gang up on me, calling me a member of the BNP, the Blackshirts and the EDL. Just watch...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This book needs to be issued to everyone...
With weekly updates.........

I don't disagree with that, I really don't. Whoever gets bent out of shape over the Krispy Kreme Klub needs a serious examination of their priorities. Having said that though I'm also getting sick to death of all these companies "inadvertently" doing something offensive. Either push the envelop and have the balls to stand behind it or don't do anything risky. But this "oh we had no idea what this means" is really lame.